Charles Fischer

QUAACK! Ducks Land Rivals 5-Star 2025 WR Dakorien Moore

Ok, forgot until…this year? 😂 

This consolidation to the P2 is going to make some new worlds collide.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/5/2024 at 10:09 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Even though we’re 2-0 against Texas since 2000, I’m pretty sure they forgot we existed until yesterday.

After reading stuff from their fan base what is clear is they think this is an anomaly from us. 

Kinda akin to some of the significant recruiting pulls the Ducks had during the Kelly era. 

They seem to believe we don't have a QB or a WR room with anyone if significance in it. I guess in their view if a QB isn't named Manning they don't count for anything. 

In short.... They think we are a wanna be program that will disappear to irrelevanence as soon as Lanning gets an offer for a better job. 

Nevermind the fact that he didn't show any interest in the TAMU or Bama jobs this last season. 

They know nothing about our program other than the most recent butt kickings on the recruiting trail. 

• Mic drop 1

On 7/5/2024 at 3:21 PM, David Marsh said:

They seem to believe we don't have a QB or a WR room with anyone if significance in it. I guess in their view if a QB isn't named Manning they don't count for anything.

🤔 I guess in their minds "Ignorance is Bliss," because there seems to be a whole-lotta ignorance going in the eyes of Texas. 

Yes, Mack Brown and Texas have A BCS Trophy but it was Oklahoma and not Texas that dominated the B12. Texas made the Playoff for the first time last season and is PO 0-1. Oregon is PO 1-1. When it comes to football championships, Texas is all hat and no cattle. The late winning TD drive Dillon Gabriel engineered in last season's Red River Rivalry Game was classic. 

I was wrong on FSU being overrated last season and Texas has one of the easier SEC schedules. However, I still think Texas is overrated and that one score wins in the B12 may not be wins in the SEC.

Michigan has a lot of bite left on D and the game in Ann Arbor will be played in the 2nd Week of the season. Ewers is a good QB but not great. Manning lit it up in the Spring game. Big deal. UT takes the loss at Michigan and it could be a 3-loss team and out of the PO.

2023 1st team All-B12 QB, Dillon Gabriel. 2nd team, Will Howard. 3rd team, Quinn Ewers.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, David Marsh said:

Did they forget that our QB won 1st team all-league in THEIR league last year? Obviously, beating THEIR quarterback?

THEIR quarterback was honorable mention with 4 other QBs.

Just sayin…

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2024 at 10:09 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

This is a great pickup if the Ducks can hold him. I will caution however that "the wire" in recruiting is not in July and sources I've seen think that this one is far from over.

Having said that, I am much having him in the Duck camp and having to protect this asset than be on the outside looking in hoping for a later flip. 

I initially thought the same thing but Dan Lanning does not let up and I’d much rather have a commitment than trying to flip someone late. Dan Lanning is like prime Tiger Woods with a lead on Sunday.  

Dakorien’s highlights are ridiculous. He makes acrobatic, contested catches. Makes defenders look silly in space (like DAT). He deserves every bit of his 5 star rating. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Word is spreading from Sea to Shining Sea.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Oregon fans probably woke up on Thursday morning and thought the only fireworks they would see that night would be the ones in the sky from their local 4th of July celebrations, but the number...

• Applause 1

I look forward to touchdown passes from D. Moore to D. Moore.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2024 at 9:05 AM, jrw said:

I look forward to touchdown passes from D. Moore to D. Moore.

I don't think Dante Moore has the intangibles to lead us to a championship. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic on him.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:29 AM, Solar said:

I don't think Dante Moore has the intangibles to lead us to a championship. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic on him.

Are you saying that "Moore-is-Less?"  

Sorry, I could not resist the bad joke.  We all are allowed to have and state our opinions here, and I am not so sure that Moore is "less," but that Novosad could be MORE.  Fun to watch play out in a year!

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

I get what you’re saying, and it could be true of anyone until we find out in real live action…but how do you know about someone’s intangibles unless you are a coach, family friend, or teammate? Dude hasn’t even taken a snap for us yet, what are these intangibles of which you speak? Asking for a friend 😂 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

I think we can afford to wait and see with Dante, he started too early and in an offense that just wasn't designed for his skillset (not to mention a bad offensive line).  I think he's got the skills and maturity to become something really good, Austin Novasad as well.  It's going to be fun watching them compete for the starting job in 2025 (I wouldn't sleep on Luke Moga either, that kid is just uber talented physically speaking).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2024 at 12:05 PM, kirklandduck said:

I think we can afford to wait and see with Dante, he started too early and in an offense that just wasn't designed for his skillset (not to mention a bad offensive line).  I think he's got the skills and maturity to become something really good, Austin Novasad as well.  It's going to be fun watching them compete for the starting job in 2025 (I wouldn't sleep on Luke Moga either, that kid is just uber talented physically speaking).

As they say, “the cream will rise to the top.” 

I wouldn’t bet against Dante Moore and obviously our coaches felt the same way since they recruited him a second time, as a transfer. Dante throws a beautiful, accurate ball. Hopefully he is able to learn how to play the position at this level this year (e.g., game prep). How many QBs have been written off early in their careers only to be “late bloomers”?

On 7/6/2024 at 12:25 PM, OregonDucks said:

How many QBs have been written off early in their careers only to be “late bloomers”?

I remember this one kid, Bo Nix. He turned out to be pretty good.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wish Dante had been here last year so that he could have learned some of those "intangibles" -- how to lead -- from Bo.  I can't think of a better role model.  Hopefully Dillon Gabriel will prove to be a dynamic leader and good example as well, and Dante can learn from him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1