Smith72

Cam Newton Ranks Dak Prescott Over Justin Herbert

I was never impressed with Cam Newton.  I sure enjoyed the playoff victory when the Ducks scorched him!

WWW.SI.COM

Not every agrees with where former Oregon Football quarterback Justin Herbert slots in among the highest paid QBs in the NFL.

On 7/7/2024 at 7:18 PM, Smith72 said:

I sure enjoyed the playoff victory when the Ducks scorched him!

Are you thinking of Jameis Winston?

Unfortunately, Newton is undefeated against OBD. (Dyer was DOWN!)

Newton flamed out in the NFL, so who cares what he thinks?

Whatever happened to Winston, anyway?

(I could google it, but I don’t really care that much. Just thought folks might have some funny anecdotes.)

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2024 at 7:34 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Are you thinking of Jameis Winston?

Unfortunately, Newton is undefeated against OBD. (Dyer was DOWN!)

Newton flamed out in the NFL, so who cares what he thinks?

Whatever happened to Winston, anyway?

(I could google it, but I don’t really care that much. Just thought folks might have some funny anecdotes.)

My bad!  Thanks Dr. Hilarious, long day driving in the car.  I feel the same way towards Cam.  We were robbed!  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 7:34 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

(Dyer was DOWN!)

Among other bad calls in that game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

$cam Newton. Who has the bigger Q rating, $cam, Larry $cott, Bozo, or a Pet Rock? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Newton had one of the EPIC final seasons in college football history, literally carrying Auburn to a title on his shoulders. That was his high water mark however, although I think I remember him getting to a Super Bowl.

His statement, however, about Prescott vs. Herbert is pure fantasy IMHO. Herbert's best years are in front of him and I'm anxious to watch them. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Cam was a fine QB, but a certifiable meathead, with all due respect of course.

i wonder which QB Dallas would choose if they magically had the rights to either one? 🤔 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 10:14 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

a certifiable meathead

Couldn’t have said it better.

I never liked Cam but he was a good QB in his prime.  He was the NFL mvp in 2015, you don’t win that award by accident. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2024 at 5:42 AM, SoGaDawg said:

I never liked Cam but he was a good QB in his prime.  He was the NFL mvp in 2015, you don’t win that award by accident. 

Agree, Cam was a “good” QB, let’s see what Cam has to say in 6-8 years when Herbert’s career is winding down. I’ll bet Cam’s accomplishments pale in comparison to Herbert’s. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2024 at 1:06 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Newton had one of the EPIC final seasons in college football history, literally carrying Auburn to a title on his shoulders. That was his high water mark however, although I think I remember him getting to a Super Bowl.

His statement, however, about Prescott vs. Herbert is pure fantasy IMHO. Herbert's best years are in front of him and I'm anxious to watch them. 

The Ducks D in the BCS title game did a better job of shutting Cam down than any other team during the season. Why anyone listens to the guy is beyond me. He takes these contrary positions to see his name in the news.

But you cannot take away the NIL trailblazing done by Pastor Newton, totally unknown to Cam himself of course. All the SEC teams that won titles are to be congratulated but that Gene Chizak has a title irks me.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/8/2024 at 8:46 AM, TXDuck said:

Agree, Cam was a “good” QB, let’s see what Cam has to say in 6-8 years when Herbert’s career is winding down. I’ll bet Cam’s accomplishments pale in comparison to Herbert’s. 

I absolutely agree that Herbert’s career will top Cam’s.  I don’t think it will be winding down in 6 years though, unless he has terrible injury luck.  He will be around for 10-15 year at least I think.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cam Newton was comparing stats from each QB’s first 4 years. Dak had slightly more impressive stats than Herbert, but he was also rewarded with a record contract at that time because the Cowboys felt he had a bright future in Dallas. Now, the Chargers feel Herbert has a bright future in LA, so they gave him a record contract.

Both are good QB’s, but Herbert is younger. Dallas won’t pay Dak what Herbert got paid because he’s older and has had a serious lower leg injury that still affects his mobility. I will even go as far to say if Dak doesn’t at least make it to the NFC Championship game Jerry will let him walk and he’ll get snatched up by NYG or the Saints.

I don’t have a problem with what Cam said because he favors the veteran with a few more years under him. However, he’s not an owner or a GM who has to secure his team’s future while he can.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2