SoGaDawg

Pro Duck Article on Dawgnation!

Mike Griffith has posted a very pro Oregon article on the Dawgnation website.  Basically saying that Lanning and the Ducks are turning into a powerhouse and could be a big challenge for the Dawgs this season and so on.  I’m not sure the rules about posting links but the site is free just like FishDuck.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

WWW.DAWGNATION.COM

Oregon football could be Georgia football biggest challenger for 2024 CFP national championship

I believe this is a link to the article referenced.  Yeah.  Dan Lanning is a "known" coaching commodity and top programs around the country...KNOW THIS!

Thanks for the post SoGADawg!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2024 at 6:08 AM, SoGaDawg said:

Mike Griffith has posted a very pro Oregon article on the Dawgnation website.  Basically saying that Lanning and the Ducks are turning into a powerhouse and could be a big challenge for the Dawgs this season and so on.  I’m not sure the rules about posting links but the site is free just like FishDuck.

Georgia is still Top Dawg. In my opinion, they would have won last year. I see tOSU next with a few others, including our Ducks, just behind. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

I agree that had 'the Saban curse' not bitten Georgia last season, Georgia would have won it all. Kirby is a great coach and he has to be delighted to watch Nick ride off to the Game Day set. 

Three tough road games for UGA in 2024: Alabama; Texas; and Ole Miss with Clemson as the opening opponent in Atlanta. (Clemson is a two-hour drive from ATL; and an hour and a half from Athens. There will be far more Clemson fans in attendance than when Danno opened his career vs the Dawgs in Atlanta.)

I do hope the Ducks play UGA in Atlanta this season and if not, meet UGA in Miami. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2024 at 2:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I do hope the Ducks play UGA in Atlanta this season and if not, meet UGA in Miami. 

I'm ok with that but I would love to put 3 L's on Ohio St in one year so we could equal what it took Michigan to do in three.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Posted (edited)

Steven, great take, and fine if it comes true but Danno owes the Dawgs payback in the ATL. I know, easier dreamed than done.

Edited by Jon Joseph

That was a well reasoned and researched article, Go Dawgs!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:35 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Steven, great take, and fine if it comes true but Danno owes the Dawgs payback in the ATL. I know, easier dreamed than done.

He does owe my Dawgs a bit of payback for that first game.  That game is understandable in my opinion though.  It was CDL’s very first game as a head coach and Bo’s first game as a Duck and they unfortunately had to face a GA defense that was absolutely ridiculous.  

I would love to see GA and Oregon go at it again, I very much hope it happens this season.  It certainly will be a better game the next time it happens.  No matter what happens, I’ll be both happy and sad as I was last time.  

Don’t worry though, it may be this season or some season in the future, CDL will get his revenge on GA at some point.  And then he will get a handshake and embrace from Kirby Smart.  And then an butt whippin the next season🤣😂🤣.  

Seriously, I’m very excited about the Ducks!  If my Dawgs are gonna lose, I very much hope it’s the Ducks that win it all.  I think that Oregon is going to be in the mix. 

Interesting season on deck though.  Ducks need to get through tOSU and Dawgs need to get through Texas.  I can hardly wait for those games!!!!!!!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2024 at 10:14 PM, SoGaDawg said:

He does owe my Dawgs a bit of payback for that first game.  That game is understandable in my opinion though.  It was CDL’s very first game as a head coach and Bo’s first game as a Duck and they unfortunately had to face a GA defense that was absolutely ridiculous

Don’t sweat it SoGaDawg. UGA’s offense knew the Ducks defense better than the Ducks at that time. Lanning was also stuck with the D roster that Mario left behind that was near last in the country in 3rd down stops and several stats.

It was a great game for him to get some game tape and see what he had to work with. Was also great for the players to see what the heart of a champion really looks like. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1