Charles Fischer

Kirk Herbstreit: "I May Have Oregon Winning It All"

Kirk has not always been kind to us, but I do enjoy his takes, and love it when he is with us....

WWW.ON3.COM

Earlier today college football senior analyst Kirk Herbstreit was on the Pat McAfee show and dropped a big bomb for Oregon fans.

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Or is Herbie just trying to reduce the expectations/pressure on his precious Ohio State...

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like McAfee most when he keeps his mouth shut

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Three things in life are certain..Death, taxes, and an ESPN "expert" making a butt of themselves.

Mark May was a hateful moron. Stephen A Smith is a screeching banshee. Lou Holtz is a man who still thinks it's the 1980's when Notre Dame actually won anything. Pat McAfee thinks life is a wrestling promotion. Kirk Herbstreit is a guy that will put his foot in his mouth one sentence, then he'll seemingly say something that leads you to believe he is a credible analyst. Then there's Paul Finebaum.....

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The 'old' Oregon Ducks? Herbie, we be newbies. Quack!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2024 at 10:31 PM, Duckley Palace said:

Three things in life are certain..Death, taxes, and an ESPN "expert" making a butt of themselves.

Mark May was a hateful moron. Stephen A Smith is a screeching banshee. Lou Holtz is a man who still thinks it's the 1980's when Notre Dame actually won anything. Pat McAfee thinks life is a wrestling promotion. Kirk Herbstreit is a guy that will put his foot in his mouth one sentence, then he'll seemingly say something that leads you to believe he is a credible analyst. Then there's Paul Finebaum.....

Stop prevaricating and tell us how you truly feel! 😍

On 7/24/2024 at 7:34 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Stop prevaricating and tell us how you truly feel! 😍

The Ducks are B1G. B1G is Fox. Therefore Fox>ESPN. Especially with the subtraction of Skip Bayless. Maybe Cowherd will be next.

• Thumbs Up 1

I quit watching Game Day because I couldn't stand to hear Pat Mcafee. I refuse to listen to the screaming of Stephen A. about anything. And if Paul Finebaum ever has an opinion that is not pro SEC, I will .... well it does not matter how it would effect me-- it won't happen

• Applause 1

yeah yeah Kirk.. 

I promise you almost every big game on the road for us he will pick  our opponent

• Like 1

image.thumb.gif.57ef4a4c54252b2387273b86a611ec16.gif

• Haha 3

Good thing Herbie’s opinion only matters to him!  I probably care as much about his opinion as he does mine (not at all). 

Lrod stated, "...almost every big game on the road for us he will pick our opponent." And well Herbstreit might do exactly that; I hope he does.

I am very sure Coach Lanning is not going to allow the team to come out of the lockerroom for any game with a "big head" from reading the sports' writers publicity and opinions. I believe it would be more effective to approach each game as being the underdog up to The OSU game; then, re-evaluate.

Or, following The OSU game, return to the underdog role as the Ducks build for UM. Approach that game as one in which the Ducks must prove themselves, and I think they will do just that. I would approach the Wisconsin and Washington games the same way because we have lost to them both away. Then, let's beat them both, and move on to the B1G championship.

It seems like OSU (the Beavers) and Huskies have beaten us when the Ducks Prepped for aerial attacks, and both shifted to a ground attack the Ducks could not stop. Suggest having a plan for both. This will be a tough year, and this is the toughest team the Ducks have ever had.

Thanks and VR,

KCDuck1  Go Ducks, Win Ducks, Win!

Edited by KCDuck1
Corrected syntax error.

Yep, this is a tough schedule, but this is also an exceptional team to start the year.  While I like the underdog role, and would also relish being SO GOOD that we are the hunted--and rise to that challenge each time.  That is what champions do...and we want to be one!

Something Lanning said that he brought from Georgia...."Pressure is a Privilege."

Amen Our Duck-Brother!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mr. FishDuck