NJDuck

4-Star Oregon WR Isaiah Mozee Flips Commitment

On Friday afternoon, 4-star wide receiver Isaiah Mozee announced that he would be flipping his commitment from the Ducks to the Nebraska Cornhuskers. This had been rumored to be a possibility over the last couple of weeks, so it doesn’t come as a major surprise.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks 4-star WR commit Isaiah Mozee announced he would flip his commitment to the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:32 PM, NJDuck said:

This had been rumored to be a possibility over the last couple of weeks, so it doesn’t come as a major surprise.

The article should have mentioned that his dad got a job at Nebraska. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not too surprising since Dad is an asst coach at Nebraska now

The race for a top recruiting class is fun but does it really matter? Signing day is well after the regular season is over. If the Ducks take care of business and plant their flag at the top of the BIG year one, I’m sure there will be wave of flips our way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been waiting for this one to happen. His dad was hired at Nebraska and it felt like it was only a matter of time. 

It hurts a little but the reality is that Oregon is absolutely LOADED at wide receiver this class and it is unlikely Lanning and Co even look at grabbing another wide out for the 2025 class. 

If anything this just opens up a scholarship for someone else at another position.... Or a transfer come the open portal in December. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This is one position group I'm not worried about losing a commitment, there's so much blue chip depth already.  I understand why Isaiah would flip given the factors involved.

On 8/9/2024 at 1:33 PM, David Marsh said:

I have been waiting for this one to happen. His dad was hired at Nebraska and it felt like it was only a matter of time. 

It hurts a little but the reality is that Oregon is absolutely LOADED at wide receiver this class and it is unlikely Lanning and Co even look at grabbing another wide out for the 2025 class. 

If anything this just opens up a scholarship for someone else at another position.... Or a transfer come the open portal in December. 

Or, one might wonder if he is a reason his dad got the job.

On 8/9/2024 at 4:05 PM, Steven A said:

The article should have mentioned that his dad got a job at Nebraska. 

I should have posted this On3 article instead which I did in the 2025 Duck Commits thread.

Oregon WR Commit Flips to Nebraska

It looks like a coaching hire for Matt Rhule at Nebraska has helped them flip an Oregon commit. After hiring Jamar Mozee from Lee’s Summit (Mo.) recently his son Isaiah Mozee has flipped his commitment joining his father.

The 6-foot, 190-pounder is the No. 223 ranked player nationally in the On3 Industry Rankings. Mozee had committed to Oregon back in mid-April.

On the heels of his father’s hiring and the visit that quickly followed, this news isn’t all that surprising.

Currently Oregon has commitments from two five-star receivers in Dallas Wilson and Dakorien Moore. Along with Notre Dame

WWW.ON3.COM

Four-star wide receiver Isaiah Mozee has flipped his commitment from Oregon to Nebraska joining his father on staff.

On 8/9/2024 at 2:36 PM, TheRunningDuck said:

Jumping from a High School in Missouri to Nebraska…hmmm…not the normal career path of a coach.

Jamar Mozee (father) has become the new Senior Football Assistant at Nebraska. 

On 8/9/2024 at 5:36 PM, TheRunningDuck said:

Probably not in the era of NIL... Might as well just pay the player or family directly if you want the athlete. 

On 8/9/2024 at 1:33 PM, David Marsh said:

And you maybe a tiny bit wonder? The kid committed to Oregon on April 17, and Dakorien Moore commits on July 4th (national #3, WR #1)?

With Dallas Wilson also on board (nationally #40, WR #8), if the WR room isn't looking slightly crowded?

I know top kids don't always worry too much about such things, especially when talking about the Georgia's, Alabama's, and Ohio State's of the world, but, there are only so many spots open, and it's not crazy to consider the climb, if you feel those other guys are good as well. In my personal calculus, it makes some sense.

From most all reports, 2024 #1 WR Jeremiah Smith is tearing it up early on at tOSU, not crazy to suggest he may be locking a spot down for 3-4 years.

tOSU, often called "WR U" has commits from WR #12 (#90 nationally) and WR #28 (#228 nationally so far). Not exactly a "lock" but possibly arguably kids in the top 10 at WR do consider such things? I see Monzee rated by 247 currently as #27 WR and #227 nationally.

It may be nothing but the last time tOSU's highest rated WR commit (#14 WR, #140 nationally) was outside the top 10 at WR? I believe was around 2015. 

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Great post! 1

When you're leading receiver has less than five touchdowns, your number one QB throws for less than a thousand yards, and you average 150 yards a game passing. I would say Nebraska needs all the WR help they can get.

Edited by Duckley Palace
  • Haha 1

Leaves us with the #1, #5, and the # 17 WR’s in the 25 class according to Rivals. Don’t have any #’s but isn’t that the best we’ve ever done?

We should be fine. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/9/2024 at 4:30 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

The race for a top recruiting class is fun but does it really matter? Signing day is well after the regular season is over. If the Ducks take care of business and plant their flag at the top of the BIG year one, I’m sure there will be wave of flips our way.

It matters for recruiting recognition. Carroll at SC had the top destination recruiting school in the country and not in Dixie or Ohio. And that was in Tinsel Town. Eugene being the top recruiting destination would be B1G news.

As to the young man going corn husking: Hard to criticize anyone following their heart. WR is not a position of need. 

Beat The Potato Pickers!