Steven A

Will This Start a New Trend?

28-year-old former professional baseball player is now a 28-year-old freshman WR at Arkansas.

This may become an interesting option for former HS players that went straight to the majors/minors to earn more NIL than they puny minor league salaries.

• Wow 1

Now starting at Tight End for Ohio State: LeBron James? 

• Haha 1

Why not?

If you are being honest with yourself, and not thinking an NFL career is your future, a college education is a good long term personal investment when it is taken seriously. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/15/2024 at 5:08 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Now starting at Tight End for Ohio State:

Akron Zips?

• Haha 1

Chris Weinke won a Heisman at almost 30! He won a National Title that year as well. Michael Penix and Bo Nix went from castoffs to first round picks.

I chuckled when I was watching a game featuring the Dallas Cowboys in one of Tony Romo's last games. The announcer asked why Dallas just didn't put the backup in. See what the kid could do. That backup was Brandon Weeden. Tony Romo is currently 44 years old. Any guess as to how old that kid Brandon Weeden is?  He's...... 40.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dillon Gabriel is what we would call a journeyman if this was the NFL. He's on his third college program. My guess is he isn't the NFL prospect Nix was, mainly due to his size. But my guess is he's made some money the last two years. If he leads Oregon where we think he should, he'll get drafted.

Probably not in the top 15, but he could easily be a second rounder imo.

On 8/16/2024 at 12:25 AM, Duckley Palace said:

Dillon Gabriel is what we would call a journeyman if this was the NFL. He's on his third college program. My guess is he isn't the NFL prospect Nix was, mainly due to his size.

Dillon Gabriel is listed as 5’11”. Not sure if it’s accurate but that would put him at the same height as Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner.  

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/16/2024 at 8:01 AM, OregonDucks said:

Dillon Gabriel is listed as 5’11”. Not sure if it’s accurate but that would put him at the same height as Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner.

You are correct.  Dillion's height is 5'11" and weighs 204 pounds.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2024 at 1:25 AM, Duckley Palace said:

Dillon Gabriel is what we would call a journeyman if this was the NFL. He's on his third college program. My guess is he isn't the NFL prospect Nix was, mainly due to his size. But my guess is he's made some money the last two years. If he leads Oregon where we think he should, he'll get drafted.

Probably not in the top 15, but he could easily be a second rounder imo.

I'd wager that Dillon leads The Most Miles Covered in a Career Traveling Man Award. Honolulu to Orlando to Norman to Eugene. One good thing, in his one-year stop in Eugene he will not have to travel to Jersey. There are other 6th season 2 times QB transfers but I believe Gabe is the Traveling Man King.

Gabe has put up amazing numbers and the Oregon WRs and TEs will be the best group he has thrown the ball to. This will also be the best O-line he has played behind under the tutelage of an OC who is the equal or better than Malzahn and Rhett Lashley.  

Drew Brees was a second-round draft choice out of Purdue and had a 'pretty good' career. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/15/2024 at 5:08 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Now starting at Tight End for Ohio State: Labron James? 

LeBron should have joined Bronny at USC and they could have won a few championships together!

• Haha 1

Shout Out to College Football 'AARP Members' Including Gabe and Cam McCormick. 

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Things look a lot different these days for those entering their sixth, seventh -- or, in one case -- ninth year

Matt Smith, a GP grad was a KC Royal before coming back to play for OBD!

On 8/16/2024 at 5:01 AM, OregonDucks said:

For some reason I always thought Kurt Warner was at least 6'2. 

As for Russell Wilson, I think he has a stronger arm and is more mobile than Gabriel. Drew Brees is the benchmark for guys under 6 feet. He maintained a high level of play up till he was almost 40.

Russell has gone downhill before he reached 35. All those hits have come back to bite him. Still a Hall of Famer though.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:04 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I'd wager that Dillon leads The Most Miles Covered in a Career Traveling Man Award. Honolulu to Orlando to Norman to Eugene. One good thing, in his one-year stop in Eugene he will not have to travel to Jersey. There are other 6th season 2 times QB transfers but I believe Gabe is the Traveling Man King.

Gabe has put up amazing numbers and the Oregon WRs and TEs will be the best group he has thrown the ball to. This will also be the best O-line he has played behind under the tutelage of an OC who is the equal or better than Malzahn and Rhett Lashley.  

Drew Brees was a second-round draft choice out of Purdue and had a 'pretty good' career. 

I actually just referenced Drew Brees before I read your response😂. I said Drew Brees should be the benchmark for guys under 6 foot. Russell Wilson had more natural talent, but his play style has caught up to him. I don't buy the story of him not caring anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1