FishDuck Article

Despite Hype, Oregon Embarks on a ‘Surprise’ B1G Season

I have been pleasantly surprised at all the attention given to Oregon by major sportswriters around the nation in the past two months. Certainly that and the inflatable Duck at the B1G Media meetings have made an impression on our upcoming B1G opponents, yet I really don’t think they believe it. I took a moment from my discover more on...

FISHDUCK.COM

I have been pleasantly surprised at all the attention given to Oregon by major sportswriters around the nation in the past two months...

• Great post! 4
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great article Charles.  I fully agree with your take on our defense surprising the BIG teams.

🤔 So will waddle in like the trojan horse (Inflatable Duck), and catch them off guard.  They will be so concentrated on the offensive side, they won't know what hit them defensively until it's too late!

Love it! 💚

Every week it will happen right in front of them...but each team will not believe it until they play Oregon.

I really don't think most fans, even Oregon fans "get" what we have on defense--as I outlined in the article.

Tysheem Johnson getting a sack on a Safety Blitz!

Tysheem Johnson Sack_Screenshot from GoDucks.com Video.jpg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

The anticipation for this season grows every day.  I am trying not to get too caught up in the preseason hype…just want to see it with my own eyes first. 

I agree with you Charles, our opponents fans will be focusing on Dillon Gabriel’s transfer to Oregon, and the hype on Oregon’s offense. If DG has just an average year, we score a lot of points. 

Lanning, and staff, have also recruited speed, size, and brought in savvy veteran players from the portal on defense. Our depth looks pretty good to weather the BIG storm on the horizon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Can’t wait for DL to unleash the Demon Duck Defense on the B1G this year!  

Watching OBD go all Gang Green on unsuspecting B1G offenses should be absolutely epic!

Great take, Charles, thank you. 

It's time for Oregon to wake up the B1G traditionalists and let them know that there's a new gunslinger in town ready to call out the Sheriff, Ohio State, and his deputies, Michigan and Penn State.

Saturday Blitz is on board.

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

The Oregon Ducks are emerging as a true contender in the Big Ten. With Coach Dan Lanning at the helm, the Ducks are not just eyeing a competitive season—they're

Pulverize the Potato Pickers on the Big Ten Network and show the B1G folks what's coming!

How does Dan contract stack up?

Last year he was 2nd in the BIG and 15th nationally.

Now he is tied for 5th in the BIG (with Kirk Ferentz, behind Day, Riley, Fickell and Fisch???) with and 18th nationally.

A Natty bumps him $500K per year on top of his other annual increases.

That green grass is still green, just not as dark.

WWW.SI.COM

Ducks Digest is a Sports Illustrated channel featuring Max Torres to bring you the latest News, Highlights, Analysis, Recruiting...

We do not know Dan's total compensation package, because a Non-Qualified Deferred Comp plan is not reportable and we saw stuff written about how Phil and Dan have something set up on the side that will assure Dan being a wealthy man.  However, Non-Qualified Deferred Comp plans do have stipulations of time of employment and/or achievement thresholds to meet in order to get the money or NIKE stock.

BTW..."Non-Qualified" simply means it is not an IRA, a 401-K, a government sanctioned retirement savings device, a "Tax-Qualified Saving Vehicle."  NQ Comp plans are very common in business to retain great employees over time, thus I believe strongly in the "smoke where there is fire" concerning what has been written and rumored about the existence of this NQ Def. Comp plan set up for Dano.

Dan Lanning on Oregon's NIL support from Phil Knight: 'Oregon is Nike and  Nike is Oregon' - On3

I think there is a plan between them...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

IMHO, one of the reasons (there were a few) DL didnt hesitate to turn down the Bama HC position was because something financial is in place. Long term, generational money? Just maybe!

PK truly puts his money where his mouth is. And best of all, DL is a man true to his word.

It's simply time to bring home the Natty. This 2024 road will be difficult, however the level of talent on the roster can get it done.

Go Ducks...........