Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charles Fischer

Dawson Jamarillo: "The 1-0 Daily Mentality"

There is an article in the Register-Guard, (subscription needed) about applying the 1-0 mentality to daily life for Oregon football players.  

"It can really be boiled down to anything thing you're doing at any moment just take it 1-0," offensive lineman Dawson Jaramillo said. "When I wake up in the morning when I'm preparing my body for practice, I'm 1-0."

"I'm 1-0 when I'm stretching, I'm 1-0 when I'm in the meeting room trying to take notes. If you can dominate every moment of every day, it is easy to go 1-0 on the day. But If you look at it as 'I want to be 1-0 on the day,' then it can get lost throughout the different things."

Hmmmm.  This sounds kinda familiar?  I wonder where I've heard a similar philosophy?  Let me give you a hint...

Win The Day” | McKenna Hayes's Bloggy

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Yep good ole Chip

New version of Win the Day. 

Nothing wrong with it. I prefer the punchier WTD but whatever. 

But what happens when you end up 0-1 against an inferior opponent. I don't get the 1-0 mentality.

Win the day, stay focused on the process, I get. The idea you should think you are 1-0 just doesn't resonate, for me.

I won't pull any punches, I just don't like it.

I actually like the Navy Seal mentality, 'Yesterday Was The Easy Day,' think on that one.

5sdxsq.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

A more pertinent mantra to me is "win the play". Each play, each movement has to be won. It's the details on each snap of the ball that matter.

• Thumbs Up 1