Charles Fischer

Uniform Reveal for Boise State Game...

Good to get a "Blah" combination out of the way before the B1G season...  (Video is only 23 seconds)

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hmmm. yeah, same as last weeks, but with white pants. 

If the logic was that the first week's uniforms were good, then this can only be seen as an improvement, in my opinion. 

I am strongly opposed to throwback uniforms, or those that even somewhat mimic them. I prefer chrome helmets, and the in the incorporation of chrome or black as much as possible. Forest green works with both of those colors, and neon highlights are great as well. The neon socks in the Auburn National Championship game were fantastic. 

It's more than possible that the UO brass tries to dumb things down for games that are not very big so that it doesn't lessen the snazzy ones for primetime.

Edited by 2002duck
  • Thumbs Up 3

This needs a white helmet instead. 

Then it'd look real good. 

It kinda just feels like they couldn't find the right pants so wore what they could find. It feels disjointed. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Same uniforms worn for the “Civil War” beat down of Beavis last year, only the helmets had wings instead of the O. Wings were better IMHO.

I'm going to be honest... 

I don't love that yellow color outside of the throwback uniforms. 

It just feels a little out of place when the uniform is trying to go for a green and white combo like this. 

On 9/4/2024 at 6:45 PM, 2002duck said:

If the logic was that the first week's uniforms were good, then this can only be seen as an improvement, in my opinion. 

I am strongly opposed to throwback uniforms, or those that even somewhat mimic them. I prefer chrome helmets, and the in the incorporation of chrome or black as much as possible. Forest green works with both of those colors, and neon highlights are great as well. The neon socks in the Auburn National Championship game were fantastic. 

It's more than possible that the UO brass tries to dumb things down for games that are not very big so that it doesn't lessen the snazzy ones for primetime.

I truly love the throwbacks.  But once the traditional colors came back, I've been worried it's looks boring.  

I prefer the wings and the O on the back  and I love the forest green with the chrome helmets.  I'm not too keen on the black or grey, but they're ' spicy '.

If we go to the playoffs, the only divergence I want to see from traditional is the forest green and eggshells. 

But I agree with you, variety adds more flair to our brand.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:29 AM, Mike West said:

I truly love the throwbacks.  But once the traditional colors came back, I've been worried it's looks boring

Seems like the trend at Nike the past few years has been more towards the monochromatic look. Big main colors with smaller accents rather than the flair of the middle 2000's. Still, I'm pretty confident they have more combinations to reveal. I remember the teaser from back in spring showing a design board with lots of line items on it.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, Babyjesus615 said:

Seems like the trend at Nike the past few years has been more towards the monochromatic look. Big main colors with smaller accents rather than the flair of the middle 2000's. Still, I'm pretty confident they have more combinations to reveal. I remember the teaser from back in spring showing a design board with lots of line items on it.

I think there are 5 uniform sets supposed to come out. 

So far we have seen the Green and White (90's inspired throwbacks) and the Black uniform (a combo of elements from the 2010's). 

We haven't seen yellow or an a plainer white yet. 

There was a leaked item from the Duck store that seemed to reveal the all white that is more akin to the stormtrooper look. These pants are probably part of that set to be honest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like this and last week's.   Stick to green/yellow/white as main colors, don't confuse anyone any more than necessary.