30Duck

Announcers Say Silly Things

Some announcers ae great, some not so, but all of them can't go a whole game without uttering something ridiculous. The first one I'll mention is one that just gets me every time. Okay, now imagine this is one of the film breakdowns that Charles does. In this case the red arrow will be pointing to the air, while the announcer tells us the receiver, "Pulled it right out of the air" or grabbed, or snagged,

This description usually is for an amazing play. Jeff Maehl did this. But where is the ball on the routine plays?

The other one is more often said during basketball games. "He left his feet" Again, we'll use the red arrow, pointed at feet. you'll see they stay attached the whole time. Now the player will leave the floor. but with his feet. 

• Haha 1

They messed up a number of items, with basic math, (Oregon scored 12 points; no, it was 13) and messing up names.  I wish we had some familiar faces doing the games!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Speaking of messing up, that may have been a record amount of times that the play clock had to be reset.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

They messed up a number of items, with basic math, (Oregon scored 12 points; no, it was 13) and messing up names.  I wish we had some familiar faces doing the games!

May have to wait until October 12TH for a Varsity announcing team? I expect the FOX A-team will be in Madison this Saturday.

GameDay will be in Columbia, SC for the USC(e)/LSU game. Supposed to be in Lexington for Georgia vs Kentucky before the Gamecocks pounded Kentucky. 

Over/Under on how many times we will see GameDay in a setting not involving at least one SEC team? 😁

The key to the game will be scoring more points than the opponent.

John Madden paraphrase. 

• Applause 1

On 9/8/2024 at 8:23 PM, Jon Joseph said:

May have to wait until October 12TH for a Varsity announcing team? I expect the FOX A-team will be in Madison this Saturday.

GameDay will be in Columbia, SC for the USC(e)/LSU game. Supposed to be in Lexington for Georgia vs Kentucky before the Gamecocks pounded Kentucky. 

Over/Under on how many times we will see GameDay in a setting not involving at least one SEC team? 😁

If the Ducks keep laying eggs (pun intended) and USC West and Penn State are both undefeated, you might see the A Team head for sunny California instead of Eugene.

• Applause 1

I heard a female announcer prior to the Texas-Michigan game say something like, and I paraphrase, " Could a top 10 team lose today?". With #3 playing #!0, that was a virtual certainty.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 9/8/2024 at 4:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

For all the Pac-12 network's woes... They at least knew the players and programs. 

The comments about announcers were all valid. I got tired of the large former player announcer who continually referred to the players as "kids".

One thing that really worked for me was the picture quality on Peacock digital streaming. The clarity and brightness were far better than Dish.