Charles Fischer

Starting to Feel Sorry for the Beavers...Yet?

I will admit...we've all been where the fellow is below...

The Angry is Anguished_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video.jpg

Naw...not 30 million sorry!  Thieving Beavs!

(My first sicko reaction seeing this was to laugh! Damn, I'm demented....)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The players and coach- sure, a little. The hypocritical fans and admin, not.one.bit!

Sorry???!

Not even. One. Little. Bit.

Ever since the collapse of the Pac, all we've heard about is poor OSU. Left behind, nobody wants them. Boo hoo.

If they had invested in their programs to make them relevant; if they hadn't supported the horrible Pac leadership for so long; if, if, if!

They now have a home where they belong, the Pac?, a solid G5 conference. Someone we schedule for practice every year.

I'm only sorry they were allowed to score at all (that 2nd score was a result of horrible roughing the passer call).

No pity from this Duck fan!

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't feel sorry for them at all. My brother, who is a OSU grad, was blaming the Ducks for them being left behind. I told him their program wasn't relevant and that no other conference wanted them, even after they expanded their stadium. He responded "HEY it is the nicest stadium in the Mountain West" 🤔

• Haha 1

Great picture.  This reminds me of my favorite YouTube vid:

If you are too young to remember this game I do pity you.  Belotti’s final regular season game.  OAC thought the Rose Bowl was a lock.  The sad natives.  This goes down as my favorite Duck game ever.  This game does not get enough credit among Duck fans in my (100% correct) opinion.

bitter beaver face was on display

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 3
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 1:30 PM, DanLduck said:

I'm only sorry they were allowed to score at all (that 2nd score was a result of horrible roughing the passer call).

The most egregious penalty ever called in a football game, and now "Beaver Nation" can look forward to watching their team get beat by Purdue, who lost 66-7 last week.

• Thumbs Up 1

Orange makes people look fat. 

• Haha 1

Ordinarily I don't watch, "Talkin' Beavers", but this week it should be entertaining. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/16/2024 at 3:24 PM, Drake said:

Orange makes people look fat. 

Or...incarcerated!  

Why Prisoners Wear Orange Jumpsuits | by Nicolas J.D | Medium

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

According to OregonLive Bray chalked up Beaver’s loss to “Self-inflicted stuff” and said “that fundamentals and mental blunders, rather than a discrepancy in talent and athleticism, were to blame” 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/16/2024 at 5:43 PM, SeattleDuck said:

According to OregonLive Bray chalked up Beaver’s loss to “Self-inflicted stuff” and said “that fundamentals and mental blunders, rather than a discrepancy in talent and athleticism, were to blame” 

Wow, their coach has something in common with the fans?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/16/2024 at 5:54 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Wow, their coach has something in common with the fans?

And with Jameis Winston, "That one could have gone either way"

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

But, they have lunch pails...

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2024 at 5:43 PM, SeattleDuck said:

That is a discredit to his players. 

The Beavers played disciplined and solid football. They are going to win quite a few games this season they are a solid team. 

They got run over by a team that played just as disciplined but we're far better athletes. 

Their style of football is a slug it out and slow the game down with long drives and lock down defense. It falls apart when they can't get a stop and they need to play catch up. 

Oregon executed beautifully and it wasn't too complex. They were bigger, faster and stronger and there's not much stopping that. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Dan Lanning channeled Kirby Smart with this post game comment about Beavis.

"I think we have more talent right now than they do."

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

An Insight Into The Obvious - No Power Soup For the Pac-6 and Cal and Furd are Gone 4 Good.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Despite the wishful thinking of West Coast traditionalists, the Bears and Cardinals aren't leaving the ACC to rejoin the newly reconstituted Pac-12.

BTW, Pac-12 'diehards' = 2 teams plus John Canzano. 

Good article, and the summary within...

"Even with their smaller piece of the financial pie, Cal and Stanford stand to earn significantly more from the ACC’s television deal than whatever the newly reconstituted Pac-12 will be able to piece together."

"Travel headaches aside, the ACC is also a better fit both athletically and academically."

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I'm tired of hearing about how they were victims of realignment. I'm sick of their jealousy towards everything Oregon has earned and I'm sick of all the media in the state and nationwide calling two irrelevant programs deserving of a spot at the playoff table.

The series will continue but not to the benefit of Oregon. Just look at what happened this past weekend with the Apple Cup. The media is trying to paint the game as Washington State getting the last laugh on Washington and how great the Cougar fans were at trolling the Huskies. 

I'm not one to defend Huskies, but everyone is acting like the Pac-(1)2 scored some coup by grabbing four G5 schools and having Memphis and Tulane looking to join. Who was fighting to get these programs? The selling point is likely the money provided by the ten former relevant members that left. Until the Pac-6 actually scores a television deal and proves they can make money off their own merits, I'm not seeing the "rebirth" of the PAC.

In short I don't feel bad. I hope we beat them by fifty next year, sixty the year after that and seventy the year after that.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

If they go 2-10, no one else wants to join their “reimagined” PAC, and have to play 8+ road games in 2025 due to burning so many bridges…I might feel a fleeting moment of empathy. 

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2024 at 8:18 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

If they go 2-10, no one else wants to join their “reimagined” PAC, and have to play 8+ road games in 2025 due to burning so many bridges…

might feel a fleeting moment of empathy. 

Yeah, me too.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/17/2024 at 11:14 AM, Charles Fischer said:

"Travel headaches aside, the ACC is also a better fit both athletically and academically."

They're both hoping for the long game where they might get a spot in the B1G which would come with reduced travel but be a good fit academically. 

I think they'll be waiting a very long time for that to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2024 at 4:05 AM, Duckley Palace said:

and having Memphis and Tulane looking to join.

If I'm Memphis or Tulane I would hold out and see what happens to Florida State and Clemson in the ACC. If they leave the ACC and join the Power 2 the ACC may opt to expand and grabbing those two would look like a consolation prize worth grabbing. An ACC without Clemson, FSU and probably Miami would be the same tier as the Big 12 (the conference of left overs). 

At that point we'd have three distinct tiers in college football... well we already do now. 

Tier 1: Big Ten and SEC 

Tier 2.5: ACC 

Tier 2: Big 12 

Tier 3: The G6 

The Big 12 is right now actually earning more media dollars than the ACC due to the ACC's dumb super long contract. However, the ACC still has some significant programs that have enough value to warrant them above the Big 12 that lacks a primier program. Once those premier programs leave the ACC will be the same status as the Big 12. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Big 12's next media deal stay the same or go down slightly. This current media deal for the Big 12 was all about killing the Pac-12. 

FISHDUCK.COM

Last year I wrote an article about the Coming College Football Schism where there will be two conferences that are composed of the haves and the remaining…

On 9/18/2024 at 10:39 AM, David Marsh said:

If I'm Memphis or Tulane I would hold out and see what happens to Florida State and Clemson in the ACC. If they leave the ACC and join the Power 2 the ACC may opt to expand and grabbing those two would look like a consolation prize worth grabbing.

That is a really, really good point David.  Higher status, more money and less travel for those two if they are invited to the ACC.  I would hold out too, if I was them.

Plus, it would be fun to see them reject the Pac-6!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/18/2024 at 9:26 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Yeah, me too.

giphy.gif

Oh no! They just conned Wake Forest into playing in potato salad stadium. One more home game and my margin for fleeting empathy is already gone…their loss 😝 

On 9/16/2024 at 6:11 PM, 30Duck said:

And with Jameis Winston, "That one could have gone either way"

"We sorta beat ourselfs"?

• Applause 1