Charles Fischer

CFB Night Games to Discuss! Washington, Cal, Beavis...

Let's discuss the Huskies, Beavis, Cal and anyone else in this thread since the other got so long.  (A good thing!)

Derrick Harmon Blocks a pass_Forum Only.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

So, Washington is up 17-2 at half, and Beavis is 0-0, (naturally) and Florida State leads Cal 7-6 at the half.

Good stuff!

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/21/2024 at 5:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

So, Washington is up 17-2 at half, and Beavis is 0-0, (naturally) and Florida State leads Cal 7-6 at the half.

Good stuff!

Stanford won last night against Syracuse. 

I still find myself backing the old-pac. But of course minus USC and Washington. I wouldn't mind if those two went 0-12 every year. 

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Miami is leading USF, 22-15

Colorado is trailing Baylor, 10-7

Pick-6 for Beavis, 7-0. 

There truly must be nothing else to do for the people who paid to watch Purdue vs Oregon State. 

• Oh no! 1

On 9/21/2024 at 6:07 PM, 30Duck said:

There truly must be nothing else to do for the people who paid to watch Purdue vs Oregon State. 

I do believe this Oregon State team and Trent Bray will win a good amount of games. 

But I never said they'd be fun or interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Baylor 24 Prime 10

• Thumbs Up 1

How bout Cal in a fight at FSU 6-7

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/21/2024 at 6:23 PM, David Marsh said:

I do believe this Oregon State team and Trent Bray will win a good amount of games. 

I see 5-7.

On 9/21/2024 at 6:31 PM, 30Duck said:

I see 5-7.

I'd say that if they were playing an old pac-12 slate but against mountain West teams... I can see 7-8 wins. 

Tennessee is taking it to OU in Norman. 

• Applause 1

Baylor is tackling horribly right now.

• Salute 1

On 9/21/2024 at 6:35 PM, David Marsh said:

I'd say that if they were playing an old pac-12 slate but against mountain West teams... I can see 7-8 wins. 

We'll find out which of us are saying, "I can see clearly now" when the season's over. 

"Tennessee is taking it to OU in Norman"

Some interesting thoughts from fans about Oklahoma QB Jackson Arnold.

OU reportedly encourage DG to find a new home, at least in part, to five star Arnold's not willing to sit a second year (and keep happy):

"Alright guys time to quit messing around and put in our Heisman caliber QBs"

"Jackson Arnold is the worst qb I’ve ever seen touch a football and I just watched Payton Thorne and Hank Brown play"

"Bench Arnold"

"Who's the next QB on the depth chart? Arnold ain't it"

"Arnold shouldn’t see the field until next week."

"Saying JA is in way over his head is like saying 9/11 was a tragedy"

"I think when Arnold gets over to the OU bench, all the OU players and coaches should come over, circle around him and just spit on him like a medieval witch ceremony"

"Arnold better not start the second half"

"That may have been it for JA"

"We 100% lose with Arnold. We need to see Hawkins to have a chance."

"Seriously who ever is keeping Arnold in the game needs to sit down off of the headset for a bit."

Young QB, early in his career most likely eventually figures it out; but, sounds a bit like they are missing DG tonight.

Just checked back at the start of the second half, and indeed the backup QB is in the game.

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cal takes a 9-7 lead with a 51yard field goal

• Like 1

So is Cristobal actually throwing the ball downfield these days?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoma sitting at 3 points and 93 yards of total offense with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

On 9/21/2024 at 7:21 PM, AnotherOD said:

Oklahoma sitting at 3 points and 93 yards of total offense with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

They'll score again, Sooner or later. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2024 at 6:43 PM, AnotherOD said:

"Tennessee is taking it to OU in Norman"

Some interesting thoughts from fans about Oklahoma QB Jackson Arnold.

OU reportedly encourage DG to find a new home, at least in part, to five star Arnold's not willing to sit a second year (and keep happy):

"Alright guys time to quit messing around and put in our Heisman caliber QBs"

"Jackson Arnold is the worst qb I’ve ever seen touch a football and I just watched Payton Thorne and Hank Brown play"

"Bench Arnold"

"Who's the next QB on the depth chart? Arnold ain't it"

"Arnold shouldn’t see the field until next week."

"Saying JA is in way over his head is like saying 9/11 was a tragedy"

"I think when Arnold gets over to the OU bench, all the OU players and coaches should come over, circle around him and just spit on him like a medieval witch ceremony"

"Arnold better not start the second half"

"That may have been it for JA"

"We 100% lose with Arnold. We need to see Hawkins to have a chance."

"Seriously who ever is keeping Arnold in the game needs to sit down off of the headset for a bit."

Young QB, early in his career most likely eventually figures it out; but, sounds a bit like they are missing DG tonight.

Just checked back at the start of the second half, and indeed the backup QB is in the game.

Glad you posted this.  I didn't think about today's game, but I sure have been thinking OU made a serious mistake forcing DG out.  

Goes to show the NIL/ Portal issue is very serious for budding playoff prospects.  

Too many kids are a legend in their own head.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beavis should have enough horses to get to at least 7 wins, I can’t see them losing more than 4 more games with that schedule. Barring significant injuries I’d guess 8-4. 

Lot of games coming up just short of the upsets I was wanting this weekend, pretty much a meh day for outcomes, for me at least 😂 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Beavers 38 Purdue 21

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 7:38 PM, Mike West said:

Glad you posted this.  I didn't think about today's game, but I sure have been thinking OU made a serious mistake forcing DG out.  

Goes to show the NIL/ Portal issue is very serious for budding playoff prospects.  

Too many kids are a legend in their own head.

Will Howard on the other hand absolutely was going to lose his starting job to Avery Johnson who is amazing. OSU flopped picking Howard, but pulled the rabbit out of the hat bringing in Kelly to scheme him into something that can make the offense work.

On 9/22/2024 at 8:18 AM, Solar said:

Will Howard on the other hand absolutely was going to lose his starting job to Avery Johnson who is amazing. OSU flopped picking Howard, but pulled the rabbit out of the hat bringing in Kelly to scheme him into something that can make the offense work.

I'm not sold on Jackson Arnold yet.  He has more ability than Howard.  But he hasn't shown the performance skills Howard demonstrated at KSU.  

I'm not much of a fan of Freshman or Sophomore QBs starting for P4 teams.  You literally have to show me you are as good as a Heisman caliber QB those first two years - and I'm talking about performance, not ability.

Now if you perform better than the guy ahead of you ( Arnold didn't and still hasn't), THEN YOU CAN START FOR ME.

USC is playoff caliber with a guy that waited four years to start.  Tennessee and Texas have Juniors that are top shelf performers that sat behind top shelf performers.

I'll let you leave if you feel you're great.  Most especially if I have a DG or Will Howard as my QB. If you aren't leading TD drives in practices and scrimmages every day, and I mean multiple TD drives, you are riding pine on my team. 

Potential would not get me either fired, or sitting at home on conference championship day.  I can't go for that ( no, no ...no can do). 

I get what you're saying. But Oklahoma and KSU went all in, and busted.  They're both out of the playoffs.  

On 9/24/2024 at 2:36 PM, Mike West said:

I'm not much of a fan of Freshman or Sophomore QBs starting for P4 teams.  You literally have to show me you are as good as a Heisman caliber QB those first two years - and I'm talking about performance, not ability.

There is definitely something to be sad about patience for a QB. Of course, the Portal usually works against it in college, when a QB will jump if he isn't starting. Hurrah for Dante Moore, who probably would be starting for UCLA this Saturday, but instead, is thinking of the future ahead of him starting next season at Oregon.