HDuck

Report (9:00 PM, Wed): UNLV and Air Force Staying in Mt. West

Each would need 8 members.   Does Pac go after San Jose St, or look toward the state of Texas?

Will either Seven look toward UTEP, New Mexico State?  Texas State?  North Texas?  A couple of those might make sense for the Mt. West.

Seems 9 members with 8 conference games, and 4 non-conference to be scheduled would be better than 5 non-conference?

Air Force

Hawaii

Nevada – Reno

UNLV

U of New Mexico

San Jose St

Wyoming

Boise St

Fresno St

Colorado St

San Diego St

Utah State

Oregon St

Washington St

As I've stated here before, I hope Oregon doesn't get sucked into a non-conference game with OSU every year.  It limits Oregon's options for attractive non-conference home opponents, and as Charles say, "rewards the Pig-2."

This is too funny; rejected by Air Force?

The sports world is laughing, and the Pig-2 know it!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Might Hawaii try to weasel their way into the Pac?   If the Pac could take San Jose St, then have Hawaii for football only, it would have 9 members for 8 annual football games.

WWW.STARADVERTISER.COM

Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi assembled a third-party group that has been lobbying for the University of Hawaii football team to gain admittance into the Pac-12 Conference.

UNLV has been flip flopping, I wouldn't trust anything I read about them.

UTSA should be added to the list of possibilities.

Next on the PIG-2 - 6 - 7 radar:

Arkansas State

Appalachian State

Ball State

Georgia State

Jacksonville State

Kent State

New Mexico State

Texas State.

Is any of them naive enough to believe they will step up a notch?

The other ‘State’ schools are in the P4 and wouldn’t drop to the lower tier.

Edited by PittDuck
  • Wow 1

How does it feel to roll craps while being grounded? 😁

Nellis Air Force base is close to The Strip. 

No matter how much money you have, before you tell the world you asked a cheerleader to the Prom you might want to wait for her to say, "Yes?"

On 9/25/2024 at 9:32 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This is too funny; rejected by Air Force?

The sports world is laughing, and the Pig-2 know it!

To true. Look at Oregon's facilities, World Class. Look at Oregon State's. Refurbished Reser Stadium? They always sounded so proud when they were talking about it. Oregon State's NIL $ will come from a bake sale. 

• Haha 1

UNLV rejected Pig2 and signs to stay in Mountain West.

On staying, "The league is a genuine brand and an established product," UNLV athletic director Erick Harper said. "Increased revenues are a vital factor. As we look ahead and continue our ascent as an athletics department, this also gives us necessary flexibility as we pursue our future goal of joining an autonomous [Power Four] conference."

Wow.

1. Sees MWC as “a genuine brand and established product” over Pig2.

2. Sees better revenue in MWC vs Pig2.

3. Sees MWC as better stepping stone to get to Power 4 status than Pig2.

OUCH

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Mountain West has received signed commitments from Air Force, UNLV, New Mexico, Nevada, San Jose State, Wyoming and Hawai'i to stay in the conference.

Your summary was perfect,

Now we can laugh about how pathetic the Scrap-2 have become, or mourn the incredibly rapid descent of the conference of champions.

Lower than Mountain West?  Whew!  That did not take long!

Mr. FishDuck

Did we predict the mismanagement wouldn't last long Charles?

WWW.ON3.COM

The Pac-12 reportedly has another member with Gonzaga partially joining in basketball as the league looks for two more programs...

• Wow 1

On 9/27/2024 at 6:29 AM, 30Duck said:
WWW.ON3.COM

The Pac-12 reportedly has another member with Gonzaga partially joining in basketball as the league looks for two more programs...

I understand why the PAC would want this, not sure what Gonzaga gets out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I understand why the PAC would want this, not sure what Gonzaga gets out of it.

In the past, the Mountain West has actually done pretty well in the NCAA Tournament between San Diego State and Utah State, thus the Scrap-12 might be a little stronger Basketball conference?

It does put the OSU Baseball team in a tough spot, because only Beavis, the Cougs, SDST and Fresno State have a Baseball team...not enough for a real league schedule.  They would be better served to be a part of the Big-West conference for Baseball, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, Charles Fischer said:

In the past, the Mountain West has actually done pretty well in the NCAA Tournament between San Diego State and Utah State, thus the Scrap-12 might be a little stronger Basketball conference?

It does put the OSU Baseball team in a tough spot, because only Beavis, the Cougs, SDST and Fresno State have a Baseball team...not enough for a real league schedule.  They would be better served to be a part of the Big-West conference for Baseball, IMHO.

Makes some sense, but Gonzaga has it pretty dialed in…I wouldn’t mess with it if I was them. The hoops NCAA units they earn every year not worth risking for whatever the PAC is offering up.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Parody Pac..lol

Hope we stop playing OSU

This whole thing with the Scrap-ll, reminds me of back when you had a room to rent and cut up some paper into sections, put your phone number on them, and if people were interested, they could tear one off. 

Edited by 30Duck
  • Haha 1