HDuck

Pac-12 Is Drunk Dialing for Members?

https://mikefarrellsports.com/college/the-pac-12-is-drunk-dialing-schools-at-this-point

Read a different column today that referred to the struggle for the 8th or 9th member as "butt dialing."

Personally, I'm not too sure it matters much.  At this point it is unlikely the Pac will get another team that moves the needle as far as conference media value.   Just pick one and get it over with.

Oh the irony.

UNLV and Air Force rejected Pac2 to stay in MWC via the MWC giving them stolen PAC $ they got from Beavis and Coug.

PAC leadership is being outplayed, again.

Edited by AllOregon

On 9/27/2024 at 4:50 PM, HDuck said:

Pac will get another team that moves the needle as far as conference media value

When the top teams are two that no other conference wanted, value is a hard fit. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

I bet Portland State would maybe consider an invite.  Maybe OIT from Klamath Falls.

On 9/27/2024 at 4:59 PM, AllOregon said:

Oh the irony.

UNLV and Air Force rejected Pac2 to stay in MWC via the MWC giving them stolen PAC $ they got from Beavis and Coug.

PAC leadership is being outplayed, again.

If the Pac2 somehow win their court case they’ll get back a big chunk of that stolen money.

Holy Scrap-12!!

I love the title of this post!

Well done HDuck!

And " butt dialing". Oh my word, I can't breathe!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

THAT is one great title for a thread...LOVE IT!

Mr. FishDuck

Portland State is available

On 9/28/2024 at 7:00 AM, OregonDucks said:

Portland State is available

I'm not sure Portland State can afford to be an FBS team for starters even with more money. 

And then they'll be basement dwelling for a very long time. Like they'd be the basement. 

Eastern Washington would be a far better option. 

But once they start digging into the FCS pool they look even more desperate. 

They really should have lined up all 6 members they wanted to add before announcing anything. 

On 9/27/2024 at 7:54 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I bet Portland State would maybe consider an invite.  Maybe OIT from Klamath Falls.

Hey now, OIT doesn't deserve to be slandered like that.

Actually, they haven't had a football team for about 30 years.

I went to OIT in1996 the inaugural year of their track team, which I walked onto. They had just redone the track and put a full length javelin runway right into the football field. 

The story I heard was they put the javelin runway in that way to make sure nobody got any ideas about starting the football program up again. That they got rid of the football team because of costs and that the players were too rowdy and troublemaking, for the small school.

• Applause 1

On 9/28/2024 at 9:59 AM, David Marsh said:

Eastern Washington would be a far better option. 

Eastern Washington University is not eligible since they don't have "State" in their school name...

• Haha 1

More truth, yet comedy gold.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All hilarious.

It’s like they took some of their treasure and buried it in their back yard in case they need it someday. Today should be that day piggies.

Instead, they got cheap with offers, burn bridges, burn through most of the money anyways…all to end up in a situation where Texas State is the holy grail and they’re identifying FCS schools to con into elevating.

Clearly they have a delusional image of their national worth both as a league brand name and OSU/WSU as programs specifically. They really think they’re going to dominate their new conference because they used to be in a P5. The slide will continue with the new company, just as Utah lapped them in the real PAC.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem for the two Pac12 hotties were that she was never hot to begin with.

With no fond memories of what she looked like then, all she can offer is money.

And keeping the money is so important, she took the Memphis boy to McDonalds instead of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Wait a minute here. The distinguished rodents and putty cats have said how the long travel Oregon is putting their student athletes is shameful. But isn't Memphis, USF and Tulane more than 1,000 miles away?  

They aren't even trying to sell their student athletes down river for a pretty nickel. They're selling out for a 1989 McDonalds expired coupon.

• Haha 1

And the Memphis Athletic Director flat-out said the Scrap-12 offer was not better than what they had in the AAC?

Somebody!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Texas State (which lost a close one today) said they have a tentative offer from the Mt. West, and have been contacted by the Pac.

On 9/28/2024 at 7:58 PM, HDuck said:

Texas State (which lost a close one today) said they have a tentative offer from the Mt. West, and have been contacted by the Pac.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

The new teams in SUC/SLACK 12 got only 1 win yesterday.  And it was Boise crushing WAZZU.

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2024 at 10:50 AM, AllOregon said:

The new teams in SUC/SLACK 12 got only 1 win yesterday.  And it was Boise crushing WAZZU.

Shouldn't OSU and WSU see who they lost to and invite those teams? 

But if they do that they might not be kings of the rejects???? 

• Applause 1

On 9/29/2024 at 11:19 AM, David Marsh said:

Shouldn't OSU and WSU see who they lost to and invite those teams? 

But if they do that they might not be kings of the rejects???? 

Noticed this as well. 😆 

What adds to the hilarity is the piggy narrative that adding SDSU, etc. was some sort of decapitation of the MWC. Of the teams they pilfered, only BSU is actually good. The other 4 are pretty weak, but have potential due to tv markets, recruiting footprints, etc.  If these 4 reach their potential, piggies will be middle of the pack in the scrap-12 pretty quickly. If they don’t reach their potential then the conference is a joke.

Hard to know which path I like better!

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/29/2024 at 12:13 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Noticed this as well. 😆 

What adds to the hilarity is the piggy narrative that adding SDSU, etc. was some sort of decapitation of the MWC. Of the teams they pilfered, only BSU is actually good. The other 3 are pretty weak, but have potential due to tv markets, recruiting footprints, etc.  If these 3 reach their potential, piggies will be middle of the pack in the scrap-12 pretty quickly.

SDSU was seen as a good target by the Pac-12 before the break up because they are in a good market and they do take sports fairly seriously. They do have potential to be a power conference team and market if given time and resources. 

Fresno has been good but isn't this year. They'll probably be fine in the future but they don't have the growth potential of SDSU... Oddly enough I think SDSU might eventually outgrow G6 status. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2024 at 2:17 PM, David Marsh said:

They do have potential to be a power conference team and market if given time and resources. 

The question is - will the new "Pac-12" be able to give them the resources they need to elevate their program?