Steven A

When Will the Remaining Undefeated Teams Lose?

They say three this weekend. Spoiler alert, Ducks not one of them.

WWW.USATODAY.COM

There are just 11 unbeatens left in college football. Our predictions for when they will suffer their first defeat or if they will never lose.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Texas is losing this week, so is Miami. The last time Oregon didn't play on Saturday was fun, this one will be even better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Louisville stands a good shot of beating Miami at home if Shough can keep his emotions in check. He wants this win more than the one against Oregon last year. I can’t picture Kirby losing twice in the SEC, but they haven’t looked really good as of late. Texas has a 50/50 shot of losing this weekend.

I have Oregon losing in Madison next month. Long trip, cold weather, very hostile environment and a much improved Wisconsin team will be too much. They destroyed a 4-1 Rutgers team last week. Their fans will also be extra juiced up since they’ve lost two straight Rose Bowls to us. That place will be as hostile as Autzen was last Saturday. Our only hope is that it will be a day game.

On 10/17/2024 at 4:45 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I have Oregon losing in Madison next month. Long trip, cold weather, very hostile environment and a much improved Wisconsin team will be too much.

To make it more interesting, Wisconsin will be coming off a Bye, Oregon hosts Maryland the week before. 

On 10/17/2024 at 7:09 PM, 30Duck said:

Texas is losing this week, so is Miami. The last time Oregon didn't play on Saturday was fun, this one will be even better.

30, I agree with your Texas call. TX's  2 'big wins' have come against 2 teams not familiar with the forward pass. 

Louis will be the best squad Miami plays before the ACC champ game. Miami has lost 3 in a row and 7 of 8 games coming off a bye with Mario 0-2 at Miami. With 2 losses to date, Louis will be playing for its PO life. I wish the game was at 7:30 and not Noon so the fans could have more time to down that good Kentucky Bourbon.😁

Penn State vs Ohio State on 11/2, same date that OBD plays Michigan, is the easy call but coming off of this Saturday's bye the 11/26 game at Wisconsin could be difficult. We will have a chance to see if Wisconsin's O has truly found its stride when the Badgers play at NW on Saturday. 

Iowa State and BYU - It's the B12 so who knows but I think BYU will defeat a bad OK State team in Logan.

Notre Dame is -11.5 vs GT This is a big spread especially with ND losing one of the best CBs in CFB. This game is being played at Mercedes Benz stadium and not GT's Bobby Dodd home field. 

The 1st loss I'd like to see. 11/23 vs. Army in Yankee Stadium, celebrating the 'Four Horseman' game played in old Yankee Stadium 100 years ago. If Army's QB stays healthy Army will do everything it can to take the air out of the ball and shorten the game. The game vs Navy in the  NY Giants Stadium in NJ could also be a difficult test and USC has a puncher's chance at home. But a team that lost to No. Ill could lose to any team including Florida State.

Liberty - I don't know and I don't care. 

Indiana. The Hoosiers defeat Nebraska and Indiana could run the table up to playing at Ohio State on 11/23. Nebraska will bring the best D Indiana has played. Will the high flying Indy O be able to put up lots of points? 

OBD. I refuse to call a loss. Bad Karma. 

OT - If you have a chance, check out the throwback uniforms Illinois is wearing Saturday in the Red Grange Game vs. Michigan. The throwback unis come complete with faux leather helmets. 

GO DUCKS - BLOW UP THE BOILERS!

On 10/17/2024 at 4:53 PM, 30Duck said:

To make it more interesting, Wisconsin will be coming off a Bye, Oregon hosts Maryland the week before. 

Yikes, it would make more sense to go straight from Maryland to Wisconsin and just spend the week preparing there rather than going back and forth to Eugene.

On 10/17/2024 at 7:53 PM, 30Duck said:

The Terps will also be coming off of a bye. Games in Ann Arbor and Madison in November could provide some interesting weather issues. And Madison will be game 8 of 8 in a row. 

Wisconsin lit up Purdue and Rutgers and plays at NW on Saturday. The improvement in the Badgers O might be a mirage. 

When did 'manageable' become synonymous with 'STINKY?' 😁

On 10/17/2024 at 4:45 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Louisville stands a good shot of beating Miami at home if Shough can keep his emotions in check. He wants this win more than the one against Oregon last year. I can’t picture Kirby losing twice in the SEC, but they haven’t looked really good as of late. Texas has a 50/50 shot of losing this weekend.

I have Oregon losing in Madison next month. Long trip, cold weather, very hostile environment and a much improved Wisconsin team will be too much. They destroyed a 4-1 Rutgers team last week. Their fans will also be extra juiced up since they’ve lost two straight Rose Bowls to us. That place will be as hostile as Autzen was last Saturday. Our only hope is that it will be a day game.

The Wisconsin game scares me more than Michigan. The crowd is far more raucous there than at The Big House.

On 10/17/2024 at 8:00 PM, kirklandduck said:

Yikes, it would make more sense to go straight from Maryland to Wisconsin and just spend the week preparing there rather than going back and forth to Eugene.

The Maryland game is in Eugene. It's a Yo-Yo. Illinois, at Michigan, Maryland (off a bye), at Wisconsin (off a bye.) A bye for OBD in the penultimate week of the season is ridiculous; especially, having to travel at least 2 time zones in November.  

Mario's first loss will be whenever the refs allow it.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1

On 10/17/2024 at 5:06 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Wisconsin lit up Purdue and Rutgers and plays at NW on Saturday. The improvement in the Badgers O might be a mirage. 

Agree with you here. Wisconsin is 94-13 combined against Purdue & Rutgers, after losing to USC. 

Edited by 30Duck

On 10/17/2024 at 3:45 PM, Steven A said:

Ducks not one of them.

Yeah we lost last weekend.... 

Wait a second... We didn't? All this media coverage of Oregon could have fooled me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/17/2024 at 6:18 PM, David Marsh said:

Yeah we lost last weekend.... 

Well, the media agrees . . . we didn't win, osu lost it.