Haywarduck

Camden Lewis, Lou Groza?

What about a campaign to get Camden Lewis on the Lou Groza watch list?

He is 9-9 in field goals with his longest at 49 yards

He has made 40-41 PAT's

27 of his 60 Kick offs haven't been run out.

What is it going to take to get this young man some recognition, an email campaign to jfleet@palmbeachsports.com

This is the email you send info on who should be considered, why not! His stats are as good if not better than some of the semifinalists. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone expect Lewis to start this season, let alone this? Hats off to CL for obviously working hard in the off season to take back the starting job.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/9/2021 at 2:29 PM, Haywarduck said:

What about a campaign to get Camden Lewis on the Lou Groza watch list?

I NEVER thought I would see that sentence written, and my hat is off to him and the coaches.

It reminds me of Alex Serna at Oregon State, when as a freshman he missed three extra points at LSU to deny the Beavers a victory there.  I remember writing at the time that I'd get a walk-on kicker lined up immediately and he should just be dropped....  Then he goes on later to win the Lou Groza award and show what I know!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great job Haywood. Just sent mine in 

Oops - Hayward

This is what I wrote, feel free to copy or add to it:

It has been brought to my attention that Camden Lewis from the University of Oregon Ducks isn't on your watch list. His statistics area as follows

9-9 in field goals, with a longest of 49 yards

40-41 extra points

He is also on the Pac-12 honor roll with in excess of a 3.75 GPA.

With these statistics he seems to exceed or meet other kickers on your semifinalist list. Thanks for considering this amazing young student athlete!

On 11/9/2021 at 3:21 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Oops - Hayward

No sweat. I really appreciate people posting articles for everyone else and this will happen on occasion.  It is a GREAT problem to have!

Mr. FishDuck

Sent an email with the subject line of  “Award Worthy?” to Mr Fleet.

Do you think he was a Seinfeld fan?

Thanks for heads up Haywarduck.

• Like 1

I spent an evening with Lou Groza, probably 1956, when I was 9 years old. He was already a kicking legend. He had been challenged to a field goal kicking contest by a Cleveland DJ. They held the contest in a local super market parking lot. I remember meeting him, and of course, he won. Back then, they probably paid him 50 bucks for the night. But he was one of my Browns' heroes, so it was a great night for me. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2