Charles Fischer

Press Release of Defensive Numbers Confirm... (Wow!)

You've been feeling that the defense is getting better and better?  Peaking at the darn-fricken-right-time?  Take a look at those numbers below from the Oregon Athletics Press Release and be proud!

Defensive Stats after WSU_Oregon Athletics.jpg

• Like 4

Mr. FishDuck

After the performance in Columbus, I started to think this defense might be elite.

I think they are. They did a hell of a job controlling WSU in spurts.  The Cougars are dangerous, and they completely shut them down most of the game. 

I am greedy. So I'm not satisfied yet.  But they're heading the right direction.  

I want to see more dominance.  I want to instill fear (that is not happening in the PAC12-only hate and disrespect).  

To be the best, you have to match the best.  That starts with total dominance in your conference.  Leave no doubt dominance.  

We are competing with the nation's best.  They dominate their conference.  The elite keep coaches up late at night.  

We don't get media love, so we must obliterate teams.  The national consensus was we squeaked by Saturday- despite a well played performance on defense. 

High standards breed high performance. 

They've got some work to do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2021 at 4:47 PM, Mike West said:

I want to see more dominance.  I want to instill fear (that is not happening in the PAC12-only hate and disrespect).  

I love this line because it sums up the PAC so beautifully. This conference is so much fun because everyone knows they can take anyone else out if the conditions are right. So why fear anyone? Just create asuch chaos as possible. 

Now if they could take that attitude out if the conference and win some early ooc games and some bowl games I'd be a whole lot happier. 

UGA is of course getting all the D love. But the Ducks? Great efforts. But it will be feathers to wall next week? 

Will this Ducks D be able to stop the Utes run game? By Mario standards, last week was a 'one more than a 1 score W is a lights out win.

The good news! The Flaky Prediction Index gives Oregon a 37.7 percent chance to win in SLC.

It will be 50K fantastically fired up fans versus about a 1,000 of 'US? '

I LIKE THE ODDS! GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2021 at 4:47 PM, Mike West said:

in Columbus, I started to think this defense might be

and they didn’t even have #5!!

• Thumbs Up 1