30Duck

Oregon at Utah: Prime Time 4: 30 PT on ABC

• Thumbs Up 2

I wanted 12:30. why can't the powers that be understand that the time difference between us and the rest of the country.

Any games later than the noon window hurts us as a league.

It hurts the Pac and hurts CFB. I just don't understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

So that begs the question: what would the kick-off time have been if Oregon had lost? 7:30 PT AGAIN?! Thanks for small favors, TV corporatists.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:13 AM, toketeeman said:

So that begs the question: what would the kick-off time have been if Oregon had lost? 7:30 PT AGAIN?! Thanks for small favors, TV corporatists.

I read last week that it was either going to be 12:30 or 4:30 regardless of the outcome of either Utah's game or Oregon's game. 

Consider this: It's all based on eyeballs. About 3/4th of the nation lives in the EST and CST zones.

Those football fans are glued to their TV sets, watching the games that are important to them. Those games start and are played between Noon EST and up until 7:30 EST. Those fans have little or no interest in west coast games. They watch their teams and conference foes.

However,  they are used to bigtime match ups at 7:30 EST or 4:30 PST. Their games are done or supposed to be done. ESPN/ABC extra commercials run about 4 hours.

7:30 EST or 4:30 PST is the glamor game of the week. It comes with the territory of being in the national conversation. AAC, ACC, SEC, BIG10, BIG 12, MWC and PAC12 fans watch those games.

It's a relevant game with national interest. 

Go Ducks. Beat the Utes. 1-0

Big stage for big time teams with big time players. The coaches and players have earned this exposure.  Make us fans happy and proud.

Thank you, a kick off and game that will not keep me up way past my bed time.

Great. I can stay up and watch the entire game. 10:30 KOs back east are brutal. 

ABC? Chris and Herbie. Gameday in SLC?

On 11/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, Jon Joseph said:

ABC? Chris and Herbie. Gameday in SLC?

apparently not

On 11/14/2021 at 2:26 PM, deschutesduck said:

apparently not

Makes sense. Sets the stage for the Bucks to leap the Ducks. If we get Jos Tessitore expect a shoot out.

• Thumbs Up 1

crazy that utah opens as 3-pt favorites. but i am glad bc dux play better as underdogs. 

My brother just moved to the east coast from Washington state and is very frustrated in how late all the west coast games are. Thinks he may have to totally reset his waking hours as he is retired and can do so.

With ABC on the production end plus a prime time kick off, we should have a top quality Hi Def picture.