GODUCKS15

ESPN cheap's out on UO/WSU broadcast.

According to Canzano ESPN used low quality signal transmission and only 6 cameras for the game. Is that why the AB TD/fumble was not

viewed correctly?

Not sure if this link will work as it's a subscriber link.

• Like 1

ESPN wants the Ducks and PAC12 out. 

They are in bed with the SEC. 

Win out and that will shut them all up. 

Your link worked.  I couldn't believe how bad it was, at first i thought it was hulu so i switched to the espn app, then to my htpc but the quality was garbage on all of them.  You could tell it was the compression rate they were using for the stream cause close ups were crystal clear but any more distant shots looked awful.

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole broadcast was horrible. High school quality cameras, minimal replay views. (Well, maybe that was an improvement over last weeks too many?)  Embarrassing!

And yes, proper camera coverage might have helped overturn AB’ goal line “fumble”. 

• Like 1

It was a low-energy amateur hour production all the way, from the video quality to the announcers. It was as if everyone involved was merely going through the motions. If there is a review of games at ESPN, this one should be given an "F".

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. There needs to be instilled a pre-agreement review by the PAC 12 on coverage arrangements by any network that contracts them to specific viewing requirements. But then, what did we expect? It was ESPN.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:53 AM, DurangoJim said:

And yes, proper camera coverage might have helped overturn AB’ goal line “fumble”. 

From the coverage we did get, it sure looked like, "broke the plane" to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2021 at 12:04 PM, 30Duck said:

From the coverage we did get, it sure looked like, "broke the plane" to me.

Looked like it to me too, but alas they didn’t hear my screams either. Should have been called a TD on the field, then reviewed it to confirm.  It then couldn’t have been overturned due to no better view angles. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This is not the first game this year with poor quality definition.