Charles Fischer

CFB Saturday's Breakdown and Prediction for Oregon-Utah

Oregon’s Defense keeps Cam from Rising.

UO 28

Utah 24

Interesting that  recently the games have not been close, despite the heavy leaning towards Utah in 2019, the Ducks win by 3 touchdowns. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We have been leaning on the run game big time lately. I think we will realize pretty quickly in this game tomorrow night that it won't be that easy. Kyle Whittingham has a knack for scheming away a teams strength. He will stack the box and bring the safeties up.

After a few 3 and outs trying to run it the way we have the last few weeks I sure hope Moorehead opens up the pass game playbook. My guess is we will be lucky to run for 125 yards in this game.

IIf I'm not mistaken UCLA, Col, Was and WSU did the stacking the box and we ran it down their throats.

I know Whittingham is a better defensive minded HC like you said and I am a little scared about playing in Utah but if we run like the last 3 games which I believe we will it's a no brainer. We will win.

If we dominate the 2nd half like we have been we will win.

All it has to be is by 1 pt.

Screw the talking heads. it's a win against a good ranked team at their place in November and I'll take it in a heartbeat.

GO DUCKS 1/ 0 baby.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 11:48 AM, C J said:

We have been leaning on the run game big time lately. I think we will realize pretty quickly in this game tomorrow night that it won't be that easy. Kyle Whittingham has a knack for scheming away a teams strength. He will stack the box and bring the safeties up.

After a few 3 and outs trying to run it the way we have the last few weeks I sure hope Moorehead opens up the pass game playbook. My guess is we will be lucky to run for 125 yards in this game.

I think Whittingham will plan for this as well.  However AB has shown that he can absolutely pass when he needs to (UCLA and Colorado)...I think what'll happen is that Oregon will pass around 175-200 yards, which is just enough to open up the run game for another 200 on the ground.

Edit: While I respect Whittingham's ability to plan, Utah is still a middling team when it comes to rush defense.  They just don't have the people for it this year to be really good in that regard.

Edited by kirklandduck
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bring the A plus game

Control both lines of scrimmage

Play clean, error free and no bone head penalties. This game is for the taking. GO DUCKS.....1-0

• Thumbs Up 1

True........true 72.

But I do think we are dealing with a much more savvy coach this weekend. Those other teams stacked the box but did not go all in and bring up the safeties to the extent that I think Whittingham will.

He will make us beat his team through the air. I know we can do it because we did it against UCLA no problem. We shall see what happens though.

• Thumbs Up 1

35-24 OBD wins, as long as AB brings his A game like the WSU one and doesn't throw to the wrong team!

Charles, I hope this is not confusing with your game day prediction contest.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, C J said:

I know we can do it because we did it against UCLA no problem.

Well, we were able to screen them to death in Pasadena because the Bruins were blitzing all the time.  I do not know that Utah will do that, thus a true downfield passing attack will be needed to offset all the defenders in the box...IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/19/2021 at 2:39 PM, Steven A said:

Charles, I hope this is not confusing with your game day prediction contest.

Nope.  The only predictions that count are the ones in the actual prediction contest thread.  I am not chasing down every prediction in umpteen threads over the last couple of days....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck