81DuckAlum

Gee, Least Deserving, Might as Well Not Show Up

The Ducks are winning, but not dominating.

I suspect that the plan has been to limit risk with fewer plays on offense and less blitzing on defense, likely because the team is young and has experienced significant injuries.  The result is our efficiency numbers are not as strong as other teams.

The analysis may be right and the Ducks may need some luck to be invited to the playoffs even if they win out.

I will still enjoy the ride.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:26 AM, Duck1984 said:

I will still enjoy the ride.

Just hearing "Oregon" being a part of the CFP discussion is good again, and while most of the comments aren't supportive, it isn't,  "What is Oregon even doing here?"  Oregon has its hat on the table in front of the top Recruits and fits right in the discussion of teams competing for the Playoffs. It's a great time to be a Duck!

• Thumbs Up 1

30 Duck you are so right that it is a great time to be a Duck.

Time to beat Utah and go 1-0 this week.

I could sure use a 9:00 am kick off this week. Anticipation is brutal.

• Thumbs Up 1

For all of the complaining about Oregon not being dominate, they are hardly ever behind in the 2nd half.

Team Time behind in 2nd half
Fresno St. 2min 57 seconds
tOSU Never
Stoney Brook Never
Arizona Never
Stanford 14 mins 4 seconds
Cal 2 min 14 seconds
UCLA 3 mins
Colorado Never
Washington Never
WSU Never

Mic drop.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

It is good to get more evidence being held against us...and THANKS for posting it 81DuckAlum, and you have been killing-it with the GIFs!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Tandaian great stuff.

Food for thought.

I wonder how many teams in the 21st century can say they never trailed tOSU in the second half? 

In the shoe, nonetheless.......

When's the last time tOSU lost a conference game at home. Like a tootsie pop, lasts a long time. 

When's the last time Michigan, MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin or Penn State beat tOSU in the shoe?

Well done Ducks......

• Thumbs Up 1

Every year, 1 of the top 4 teams in contention for the PO is dissed. Oregon playing in the Pac-12 is this season's whipping boy. 

If OH ST goes 12-1, 12-1 Oregon is in; no doubt!

I think this year's game in Ann Arbor will not be a blowout of the Wolverines by the Bucks? Michigan can run the ball and Michigan plays good D.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:51 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I think this year's game in Ann Arbor will not be a blowout of the Wolverines by the Bucks?

This is rough. Traditionally, since Bo over Woody I've rooted for the Wolverines, but I can't this year!

• Thumbs Up 2

LOL.

Isn't it ironic that the Ducks' "schedule" is weaker that Cincinnati's?

And when was the last time Cincinnati beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe? Does ANYBODY believe the Bearcats could pull that off this year?

How about the PAC12?  Does anybody truly think Cinci would win NINE PAC12 games?  One team-ONE- has accomplished that feat... Yes the Oregon Ducks.  And they were an elbow from taking their Natty into overtime. 

I've seen Cincinnati.  They are not playoff caliber.  But I sure will bet my entire retirement package if they play, because they are going to get their assess kicked.  And I mean a 42-17 butt whooping.  

So it's clear politics are involved.  Oregon might not be passing the eye test, but they sure didn't look like they were going to beat tOSU Buckeyes did they?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/19/2021 at 9:29 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

When's the last time tOSU lost a conference game at home. Like a tootsie pop, lasts a long time.

Oh man, that is one of the funniest lines I've ever heard.

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

On 11/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Mike West said:

I've seen Cincinnati.  They are not playoff caliber.

Oregon's game to getting in the CFP hunt is beating Oh. St. this season. Cincy is  getting props for "Playing Georgia tough" last season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is there anyway to compare the teams that are in the hunt, what they're 2nd half stats are against ours?

I believe we have won every 2nd half this year.