Charles Fischer

Oregon: Respect? No. Derision? Yes.

Man it fries me listening to the pundits talk about Our Beloved Ducks.  I am driving back to the office and have "Tiki and Tierney" on the radio and they are laughing, laughing at the line of Oregon/Utah, and saying that it confirms what many think of the Ducks..."they are 'suspect." 

"How is it that the No. 3 team in the nation is a 'dog at a decent, but not great team like Utah?" Their guffaws snorted into more laughter...

If it was just the words, the content, you can shrug it off as a different opinion, but the 'dis in their voice, their laughter and another derisive comment that I cannot remember just torqued me off.

Gosh I wish the Ducks could lay the wood on them--by a massive margin.  A point spread that makes everyone look again at the score, and go "huh!"  Kinda like what BYU did to Dana a few days ago...

LOS_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

So....this didn't actually happen?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Last laughs are the best laughs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Great post. Even if that happens they'll just make up something else.

I don't believe there's anything can be done with these hacks.

All the more reason to pound Utah into the ground in their own stadium in front of their fans

• Thumbs Up 2

And of course neither Tiki or Tierney, sounds like it should be on Nickelodion, have seen a minute of Oregon or Utah play, except perhaps they did see Oregon beat Ohio State in the 'Shoe.; wire to wire. Their opinions are worth as much as Todd McSham's are.

• Haha 2

Scoreboard is all that matters.

Most of these clowns have not watched either Utah or Ducks. Just some highlights and what they derive from other social media Nonexperts ......

It's keeping up with the Kardashians on sports talk broadcasts. This looks good on me because I am a Kardashian. It sounds good because it came out of my self important mouth.

As much as I wish we lay the lumber to the Utes, this will probably be a one score game. The outcome can go either way.

Go Ducks.  1-0. Prove en all wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes you just want a little payback to the talking heads.....

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

Mr. FishDuck

Beautifu!!!! Haha

While it is a bummer hearing hacks run down our team there is a worse problem on the horizon I fear.

If we win out I am really concerned that ESecPN is going to cut us out of the playoff. Their main article up on their webpage right now reads as a manifesto about why Oregon doesn't deserve to be #3 right now.

A case in point from the article:

"Though the playoff protocol dictates the committee select the four "best" teams in college football, in reality what it has done in the past is select teams based on a mixture of "best" and "most deserving" or, for our purposes today, via measures of team quality and accomplishment. The Ducks fit neither bill."

If we win out (which I personally still don't think we will....but IF we do) the college football mafia is already sowing the seeds right now and making their case as to why we shouldn't be included.

So while I share your frustration Charles, I think we need to prepare ourselves for a much greater amount of frustration and plain old anger.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's why I believe the "alliance" should isolate eSECpn let them play with themselves and the rest of us have our own league, playoffs and championship.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Duck 1972 said:

That's why I believe the "alliance" should isolate eSECpn let them play with themselves and the rest of us have our own league, playoffs and championship.

I agree but it won't happen because of course, MONEY. Many athletic departments are leveraged to the hilt and need the SEC involved in whatever the PO structure might be.

Dissing the Pac-12? What's new? USC was BCS one and done while others like Oklahoma and SEC teams were not.