Charles Fischer

Put-Up or Shut-Up Time...

In the OregonLive article where the journalist for Utah is interviewed...he pointed out how the original corner starter was lost early in the season for the year.  His replacement for seven games is now out as well, and this leaves a second year freshman, the original 3rd-teamer starting at corner.

When we played against a freshman corner at Ohio State--we did not do much with it.  Against UCLA--we made massive yardage and I would suggest that it was the difference in the game.

Utah will pack-the-box. This leaves the defensive backs for the Utes one-one-one with our receivers, and thus this is the opportunity for Brown and the receivers to show everyone what they can do.  You do not get man coverage very often and thus it is put-up or shut-up time.

Force Utah to switch to zone to help the freshman corner and/or move some safeties back and THEN we run the ball for big yardage.

Plausible?

Redd td.jpg

I hope we see a ton of Redd...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Absolutely, a lot of Redd, and Williams, and Franklin, hopefully some Thornton. Like the Utes reporter said, "the defense appears wobbly, specifically the secondary."  As my buddy Bif from, "Back To The Future" would say to Moorhead, "Hey, McFly, anything in there?"       image.jpeg.adda2c18a3fc0b799bb56bfba82770bf.jpeg

That would be an interesting twist, the passing game takes off, love it!

I have faith in JM to have a overall game plan to keep Utah off balance.

As well as in game adjustments once he recognizes the Utah defenders tendencies. 

Exploit them he will. Now from all Duck fans, positive thoughts and energy for AB to execute and Exploit those opportunities.

This could and should be the game AB connects over the top. 

• Like 1

Brown to Redd. Go Ducks!

This game comes down to AB and Hutson.

The Utes will put their best CB on Devon Williams, Redd will be in the slot.

This leaves Hutson one on one with a 3rd string CB.

Can he and Ab makes something happen?

This could have been a big game for JJ3 or Pittman in that spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't this what we did against Colorado? and put up over 300 yards passing?

• Like 1