Charles Fischer

Let Me Give You ALL the News for Today...

Looking around at the usual sources....I see articles that all state the obvious same stuff.  "Oregon blew their Opportunity," or "Oregon better win the Rivalry Game," or "Pac-12 Sucks," etc.

I am not bringing them here; we all have beaten it up enough.  I will only post articles that say something new, and thank goodness for 30Duck posting about Justin Herbert.

A ten-win season and more is still quite possible, and while that game on Saturday was pretty bad--what will be even more interesting is how the team responds to it.  We ALL lay a Duck-egg once in a while, but how do we come back from it?

Tons of great entertainment left, and it is time to get focused on our big rivalry game.

Time to put little brother in his place!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

Mr. FishDuck

Focus Ducks, this is the Enemy!

image.jpeg.7c3f80e386923ca26e277a75218cdc8d.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

GO DUCKS 

Yes, I will save hours and hours of not clicking on "internet/Duck junkie" articles this week.

Hope the wife recognizes me.

• Haha 1

If we are honest, who, before the season, thought we would even be considered for a moment for the CFB?   I certainly NEVER considered it for a second.  If we wind up at 10-2 or 10-3,  I would consider that a great season and slightly better than what I anticipated.  Then when you throw in the key injuries, I think...how did we hang around this far? 

Now, we hope to see the strength of our head coach....encouraging the kids who have to be frustrated and devastated. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, webfootfan said:

I certainly NEVER considered it for a second.

People wrote about it on FishDuck before the season and I said nothing, but was shaking my head in private.  Yet we were in the running...smell the roses!

Mr. FishDuck

I like to remind myself that sports is supposed to be fun, not a source of bitterness, anger and hate. We get to see enough of those things every day, in every way, without them filling up the sports world, too.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 2

There is a pretty good reason you don’t start at the top. The only direction you have to go is down. Winning teaches you one thing: you like it. Loosing teaches you everything else. So, the paradox is tOSU really won that game, and we lost.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the marks of a truly good coaching staff is their ability to pick a team up off of the turf and get them motivated to shine after a crushing defeat. I'm sensing that a lot is going on with our Ducks associated with injuries, attitude, and overall team youth that finally added up to what we saw on Saturday. Cristobal and his staff need to convince their players that there is still a TON to play for, not the least of which is to beat an Oregon State team that embarrassed the Ducks last year. 

While it's easy to pay lip service to shutting out the outside noise; let's face it, that's impossible in this day and age. Winning in college football is, for the most part, hard; and the intensity and pressure builds with every win. Every game requires attention to different details and a different game plan, along with putting the next men up in the best position to succeed. It takes a lot of skill and good fortune to keep it going, and to keep the motivation and emotional level high.

Brown leaves a lot to be desired, and I think he was playing hurt for most of Saturday's game, but he can and has been great at times. Anyone calling for a QB change now is insane. Cristobal's in game coaching has me scratching my head at times, but he has coached his Duck teams to Pac 12 Championships. Oregon is a young team, and they are riddled with injury, but they still are loaded with talent. This team can win their next 3 games, and yes, I truly DO believe they can beat Utah in a rematch.

Will it be easy? Nope. It really will come down to coaching. Good coaches find ways to inspire their teams to greatness. Cristobal needs to earn the right to be the highest paid public employee in the state of Oregon and show everyone that he deserves a spot in the discussion about Oregon's best football coaches. It's time to shine Mario. What do you got?

It's WAR TIME !! The CFP is gone, but beating the Beavers this year given what is on the table would be HUGE! I know that losing hurts, but it's time to reach down find the best part of who you are. It's time to live, breathe, and be 1 - 0. Show us what you got and make all of us true Duck believers proud.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 11/22/2021 at 11:09 AM, latracey said:

It's WAR TIME !! The CFP is gone, but beating the Beavers this year given what is on the table would be HUGE! I know that losing hurts, but it's time to reach down find the best part of who you are. It's time to live, breathe, and be 1 - 0. Show us what you got and make all of us true Duck believers proud.

Great post, as we all need some encouragement and a break from all the obvious negative.  THANKS.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Last time we lost to the beavs at Autzen was the year we couldn't recover from our loss of Dennis Dixon, as we spiraled out of control. 

That game was lost in overtime and we have never lost at home again to the rodents. 

The question is, are we in the same type of spiral? Are the injuries and limited abilities of the offense going to send us into the same kind of spiral?

I hope not!

Will Sewell and Thibs on defense along with AB on offense right the ship, say no to any more losses? Stay tuned! That is why we watch and ponder.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nothing civil about WAR!