Charles Fischer

Most Exciting Big Men for Oregon-EVER

I am simply stunned at the four big-men playing for Dana Altman at 6'11" or taller. And they all have talent, and we are seeing more of it already.

Frank Kepnang:  Still raw offensive skills, but has developed a few shots in close and provide a little closer-high-percentage baskets in the paint.  I love his passion for rebounding and motivating the team. Nice rim protector on defense as it seems he is getting more blocks and contested shots now than last year.

Nathan Bittle: The Oregon star show really fluid movement for a 7-footer, and flashed some good passing and shot-blocking.  Fun to watch his growth!

Isaac Johnson:  The biggest surprise in this last game as he did a sweet no-look pass to set up a teammate for a lay-up....while running a fast break!  Smooth inside moves near the basket, and the upside is apparent.

N'Faly Donte':  Hasn't played much, but boy the talent just oozes.  He makes it look easy at times, and then you remember he is 6'11"!

I am NOT a basketball expert, but just a passionate fan and would love your thoughts.  We have NEVER had this many talented posts where the upside on all four is TALL!

GLB13096.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

One of the possible way of seeing  the potential in DA’s front court is by looking at what’s happened to Kelly’s team. Without Te-Hina or Endyia Rogers to run the show, his bigs are like a gear box without a clutch. Just think of how Sabrina drove the car!

The potential for these Oregon Bigs is exciting, and potentially could be the best ever, but for now I think that title belongs to this Duck, and fun note, the Ducks got him from Auburn, Wa., 27 miles from Seattle. 

• Haha 1

Seems like Rassmussen was the last big we had who was a force inside. He was also healthy the whole time, hopefully we will see more that with this crew.

Good stuff. Unfortunately the Ducks tip off very late eastern time so I watch the video.

Very interesting game tonight 10 eastern on ESPN when 1 Gonzaga plays 2. UCLA.

A bit disappointed in Richardson last night.  Not that he had an 0 fer, but in the 2nd half after a teammate missed a three, he basically just watched as the opposing players ran a break.  Play both ends!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, Jon Joseph said:

1 Gonzaga

The Zags are the biggest anomaly in college sports. Talk about hard to recruit to, but they get it done. They lost in the Championship Game last season, lost 3 players from te starting line-up, but here they are, No. 1, and the favorite to win the championship this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, Haywarduck said:

Seems like Rassmussen was the last big we had who was a force inside. He was also healthy the whole time, hopefully we will see more that with this crew.

Brings back memories of rat ball time in the gym with him during the offseason.  Can’t think of his name, but there was another 7 footer playing at the same time that didn’t see much playing time.  Ron?  I generally would guard Rasmussen because I was tougher than the other 7 footer.

It was hard to convince Blair to go to the rim because his fall away jumper from 10 feet was so good.  He didn’t like playing with a body on him and I was a lean 6’2” at the time.

He had surgery to correct his ankles as they were a nagging pain in college.  He had a decent NBA career in Denver.  He was a good classmate too.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love the energy and passion Kepnang brings to the team. Its really fun to watch how hard he runs the court end to end.

He always appears to be giving maximum effort in his minutes. If he can improve his offensive game, with his physicality, he'll be unstoppable.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, Wood Duck said:

I love the energy and passion Kepnang brings to the team. Its really fun to watch how hard he runs the court end to end.

He always appears to be giving maximum effort in his minutes. If he can improve his offensive game, with his physicality, he'll be unstoppable.

Wood Duck!  You are new, and I love how you are offering your thoughts on many topics out of the gate.  Please continue to, and I REALLY LOVE the profile picture (avatar) you uploaded.  Stunning.  WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks man, I love this board. This is the kind of discussion forum I've been looking for. Tons of great info and opinions.

• Thanks 1

Ducks v. St. Mary’s tonight, 5pm, ESPN.   Both teams were once coached by Ernie “4 or 5 moves” Kent!

• Thumbs Up 1