C J

SDSU vs. BSU: A Case Study

I am currently watching this San Diego St. vs. Boise State game.

The SDSU coach, after watching his starting qb throw for less than a 50% completion rate, made a change to his second string qb. It completely turned the game around allowing the Aztecs to come back from a 16-3 deficit and go up 27-16 just now.

This is just another example of coaching with flexibility. This is something the Oregon staff could really learn from. Of course this isn't the only example of this this year, but it is yet another one that shows us we have way too conservative of an approach to sustain a competitive advantage.

Another big realization I have had watching this game is that the Mountain West conference is a better more competitive conference than the Pac12.

And that Coach of the Aztecs is one of the great coaching mysteries ever....Brady Hoke.  Terrible DC, but failed upward!

Brady Hoke UCD.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, Charles Fischer said:

And that Coach of the Aztecs is one of the great coaching mysteries ever....Brady Hoke.  Terrible DC, but failed upward!

Brady Hoke UCD.jpg

I didn't even realize that. Wow, yeah that is very strange. I thought he was toast.....early retirement or something. 

Fascinating.

Oregon DC against Oregon DC

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, Red Eddy Green said:

Oregon DC against Oregon DC

Oregon DC against Oregon DC mistake. Brady Hoke is living proof the grass isn't always, actually seldom is, greener on the other side. 

He had tremendous success until he decided to try his hand at elite level coaching and then even elite level assistant coaching. He is now back where his success reached his peak. Many coaches would do well to ponder Brady's path.

IMO. He should be a legit candidate for UW and WSU jobs. With a w over Utah he has a legit argument, along with BYU, for the Pac-12 S title?

On 11/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jon Joseph said:

IMO. He should be a legit candidate for UW and WSU jobs. With a w over Utah he has a legit argument, along with BYU, for the Pac-12 S title?

Why not sc, he can win in socal, that should matter, if he would take the job.

5vo6nk.gif

• Haha 1

With a w over Utah he has a legit argument, along with BYU, for the Pac-12 S title?

A better one than Washington had for the N title last year?

Agreed that San Diego State would be the best team in the Pac 12 this season. The Mountain West in general just looks like a better product on the field to me this year than what the Pac12 has put forward.

Edited by C J