Charles Fischer

Mr. FishDuck Protection: First "Bad-Guy" BLACKLISTED!

Well, that didn't take long.  The forum has been up for only two weeks and someone new to the community thought, "you have rules? We'll see about that..." He did two violations and I did not have to wait to see a third; he is blacklisted/banned from the forum.

Newbies? You really better read our rules, as we are very different from any other forum as we have enforced decorum here. Now for the regulars...it is a piece of cake and we have a ball with the most civilized discussion anywhere and our deletion rate is slightly less than half of 1% of all posts/comments written.  People want to be protected from the rude and obnoxious people out there as this forum is truly a GREEN REFUGE from the nastiness taking place in the real-world right now.

I have sent out a couple of warning emails to those who stepped over the line, and that is routine.  We all mess-up once in a while and the good people say, "sorry, my-bad" and we move on and forget about it.  But if there is a pattern...I do not want my time wasted babysitting adults.  This is a free site where I have spent a couple of hundred hours and a couple of thousand dollars bringing it to fruition.  I am not tolerant of violations at all,....because it happens so seldom and the good people here want those with little impulse control to be kept out.

Moderation Process:

We do not confront anyone on the site or make public at all the editing; we do it by email for your privacy and to prevent it becoming a “buzz-kill” to the rest of posts. Most people want to know what my moderation policy is; we edit the first time as a favor and leave the rest of the post as you wrote it. The second time we delete the post because we are not everyone’s editing-maids, and if things go beyond that we have to consider blacklisting/banning, as we are here to protect everyone from inappropriate content in posts.

This topic post is really just to let the newbies to FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks Forum know that I mean business about following our rules, and to let the regulars know that ... even though you do not see the moderating taking place--Mr. FishDuck has your back just like over at FishDuck. 

I have to follow the rules...how does HE get away with it?

Because we may not have seen the offending post yet. Click on the three dots in the upper right of a post and you can report inappropriate content to us so we can act on it immediately. Your help is kept private, and we thank you helping us take out the trash!

Punctuation? Really?

Yes, we require basic sentence structure and normal punctuation on this site. Why? Because making hundreds of people read a sentence three times to figure out where it began or ended because it was a run-on stream of consciousness and had no punctuation is rude to the good people here. We are considerate of others at the Our Beloved Ducks Forum, and make it easy to read our posts!  This reminder does not apply to 99% of you, but we have some new people who are not aware of the high-brow discussions that occur here and consequently this audience requires a higher bar than other forums.

Be Afraid?

Naw. This Oregon Sports Community is so wonderful...I've learned so much and I simply cannot believe how little moderating I've had to do over the last six months.  We can have some spicy debates, yet we always stay on subject and never get personal.  This group is extraordinary!  So please...reply often, post topics often and go up to the directions and spend a few minutes a day learning something new. Adding tweets, pictures, videos and GIFs is super-easy on this forum and it is fun!

I am still in a massive stage one process of bringing everything on-line and will be updating you on new features in the future.  In the meantime--let's get this forum hopping and have a blast doing what we all enjoy because....

"Oh, how we love to ponder about Our Beloved Ducks!"

Charles Fischer   (Mr. FishDuck)
Eugene, Oregon

Trophy shot.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Been on many Duck forums with trolls--gets tiring real fast! 

42 minutes ago, 1Ducker1 said:

The pleasant surprise that occurred when I began really being serious with applying the rules, and it was not just the absence of the trolls, but everything you read are now interesting points people are making.  I do not have to "filter" and sort out posts as I scan through them as I do at other sites.  At FishDuck and now at this forum....I can leisurely enjoy reading one post after another and not have to do any sorting.

And that is actually a big deal. It makes it more effective, but it also makes the reading more enjoyable.  An ancillary benefit I did not anticipate...

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

3 hours ago, 1Ducker1 said:

It does doesn't it? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

Trophy shot.jpg

Charles, is this you and your "Most Valuable Site in the PAC 12" trophy????

Good Job! Thank you for all you do!

We all know where to look if Oregon's pac-12 trophies go missing... 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was afraid to login because I thought maybe I was "that" guy?!! 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, criticalduck said:

I was afraid to login because I thought maybe I was "that" guy?!! 

You made me smile.  Trust me...if you were that guy?  You would certainly know it with the email discussions we would have had by now.  Moderating is done privately, but not in a knee-jerk reaction.  It is a discussion of conveying our MO on this site, and rarely do I have to blacklist someone off the site.  Usually they decide that this site is not a match-up for them and leave on their own after they have learned we are serious about our rules.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you for informing us, with clarity, about the standards and expectations on this forum. We live in a world that allows little to no standard when expressing ones viewpoint. The vitriol that has oozed into society is the evidence that has surfaced from lack of regard to others opinions. A sharing of thoughts and ideas brings success. After all, there is a frustrating of plans where there is no confidential talk. By you allowing a forum with  civil standards, we get to enjoy various ideas. Thank you again Fish

Just my first ("test") post on this site.  I look forward to utilizing it going forward.  I have appreciated the FishDuck offerings since their inception. 

1 hour ago, 1950sDuck said:

Just my first ("test") post on this site.  I look forward to utilizing it going forward.  I have appreciated the FishDuck offerings since their inception. 

Look forward to hearing more from you. 

Part of the reason I appreciate the rules here is the level of rudeness many of us experience from "internet tough guys" who take the attitude that "you can't make me!"

I got over that in elementary school.

The wonderful part about it from my perspective?  Once someone new has made the "adaption," then it becomes easy for them and I have very little moderating to do.  Of course when we do we jump on it right away, and actually take action--but I rarely now have to resort to that because of this superb community that I enjoy.

Some are now beginning to realize that this is the one site to come to if you have an opinion that is waaaay out on the spectrum, away from the usual.  Because no matter how far-out the opinion is....everyone still has to be nice to you. And for the rest of us--seeing those out-of-the-mainstream views can help us come to a more reasonable stance with our own opinions.

Mr. FishDuck

I appreciate Charles (Ya' big lug) and the time effort, and money that he has put into all of the Fish-ian projects that he has undertaken for lo these many years. It makes this a clean-smelling site, with maybe a hint of lavender or rosemary. That said, if someone steps over the line that many times, might I humbly suggest a different kind of discipline.

a4MeP6.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Duckpop22 said:

might I humbly suggest a different kind of discipline?

You make my emails to offenders seem pretty benign now!  Made me smile again...

Mr. FishDuck