Duck1984

Do Ducks Fly High on Grass?

Pac12 championship game host Allegiant Stadium has a grass field.

Stanford and UCLA games were played on grass fields.

Does Oregon play better on artificial turf than natural grass?

I am trying to be good Charles.  But the temptations are strong with this one.

• Haha 9

Well, since both Utah and Oregon are similar in how they want to pound the running game with play-action passing...I would like to think it will affect both in a similar way.

I am wondering how many Duck fans are going to be there; will the Utes drown out our Ducks?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well, since both Utah and Oregon are similar in how they want to pound the running game with play-action passing...I would like to think it will affect both in a similar way.

Utah seemed to handle Stanford on the grass field at The Farm much better than the Ducks.  

Not sure how much the outcomes were based on the turf.

I wonder if Cliff Harris would know?

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

My biggest issue has been when AB decides to scramble, there are times he has the ball securely in his arm and tucked.  Then, there are those times he looks like a pinwheel in the breeze, just waiting for someone to pop it out of his hand.  So, I can not say for SURE I believe it is the Natural Grass or the Artificial Grass but does make me believe that some kind of grass may be involved.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

I look back at that young mans potential, unrealized.  He had a great smile, demeanor and the magic he had when he was on the field. . . .  Just wish, really, that he had control of it, instead of IT having control of him.  He will always have a place, in my heart, for the thrill he brought as a DB and punt returner for Oregon Football.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

The grass in those indoor stadiums is really nice. It’s a hybrid of Kentucky bluegrass and Northern California Sinsemilla. The good thing about this stuff is you can play 60 minutes of football on and then take some home and…..well…….just ask Carl Spackler.

On 11/30/2021 at 4:12 PM, EzDucksIt said:

I look back at that young mans potential, unrealized.  He had a great smile, demeanor and the magic he had when he was on the field. .

Dyer was down, Harris was in.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/30/2021 at 3:04 PM, Duck1984 said:

Utah seemed to handle Stanford on the grass field at The Farm much better than the Ducks.  

Utah has also not suffered anywhere near the same amount of injuries as Oregon... the announcers during the Utah game seemed to think Utah playing 5 true freshman was mindblowing.. they didn't seem to realize that Oregon has burned redshirts on a majority of the 2021 class. 

Also... Utah got to play against a backup QB of Stanford. 

Also... Utah did not have their play calling OC out with emergency surgery the morning of the game. 

yes... I'm still very salty about that Stanford game. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Not sure, didn't they smoke it all officer?

Edited by JDuck
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am wondering how many Duck fans are going to be there; will the Utes drown out our Ducks?

Per the Canzano podcast with the Utah writer, Utah bought out the allotment quickly and is gobbling up the secondary market.  Only a 6 hour drive to "24/7 heaven" from SLC.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, Steven A said:

Per the Canzano podcast with the Utah writer, Utah bought out the allotment quickly and is gobbling up the secondary market.  Only a 6 hour drive to "24/7 heaven" from SLC.

This will have a feeling of a game at UT IMO. Ute's are jacked about this game. So are the Ducks but inside the stadium it may not look or

sound that way.