latracey

And So it Begins... (with Riley)

Cyrus Moss, a defensive player that is coveted by Oregon, attended the game with Oregon State as one of Cristobal's guests, and who seemed to be leaning toward committing to the Ducks was visited by Lincoln Riley and his DC at USC yesterday. Moss Tweeted that he is very interested in the conversation they had and wants to hear more. Although USC wasn't in his top 3, rumor has it that they now have the inside lane.

Not only are most of Lincoln's Oklahoma recruits pulling their commitments in hope of following Riley to USC, but I'd expect that he will make it a point to try and change the minds of every blue chip Los Angeles blue chip player committed to programs other than USC. It will be interesting to see how many he gets to flip.

Cristobal has had his way with players from the Los Angeles area during his tenure. I'm thinking that that is about to change in a major way. "Sco Ducks" could be a thing of the past. There's a new sheriff in town who is aiming to make USC the college football mecca.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2021/12/cyrus-moss-nations-no-4-edge-rusher-and-key-oregon-ducks-target-meets-with-uscs-lincoln-riley.html

It is what it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's the happy honeymoon period now, for Riley and USC. They think they're the Mecca of college football and it's all a love-fest. Reality will set in and life will go back to normal; USC will be a huge recruiting rival and a maybe a much better program. Time will tell.

But, not every SoCal kid wants to go to USC. That's why there are other schools and programs in other parts of the country that are successful. Ever been to the USC campus? It's kind of a dump, in a dumpy part of town.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not afraid of Scut Farkus, aka Slinky Riley.

Screenshot_20211202-111436_Chrome.png.fc5f817fb974f55deb8b5fd3222014bf.png

• Haha 1

Oklahoma has been to the PO. That's what the most talented 5*  kids want. They want to win, get the exposure and to be a pro. Hollywood is a big draw, especially now with the NIL.

Yes some will want to leave but not a lot to the rest of the PAC as is what happens when USC is good.

They have the advantage of sun, girls, family/friends and fame. What else could a teenage meglamac boy want?

We got Eugene, nature and get away from the family/friends. You tell me which would you choose if you were him? My choice would definitely be USC, IF THEY WANTED ME.

Which is what happened for all those years. Remember I'm a 72 Duck.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, jrw said:

But, not every SoCal kid wants to go to USC. That's why there are other schools and programs in other parts of the country that are successful. Ever been to the USC campus? It's kind of a dump, in a dumpy part of town.

Yes. Keep in mind that LA is one of the most expensive and glitzy-est places to live in the ENTIRE world, while on the other hand the homeless multitudes there literally live under EVERY overpass in the city. 

This reality should repel many recruits.

Riley's great success at recruiting at Oklahoma might be irrelevant. I don't think that Pete Carroll liked recruiting anymore than Chip did when he was at Oregon. The SO.CAL. kids will go to SC when it's cool. 

Nobody's talking about the next two games.  Impressive wins will turn heads.  Especially if Moorhead is leaving.

The business of recruiting elite players starts with winning the conference, then taking in Ohio State again (doubtful since the Big will want OSU to beat the likes of Bama or A&M).

If not, a huge margin over Iowa will still make a statement.  

Mind your business ( impressive wins) and your narrative carries more weight.  

Yep, I'm venting.  

My eyes are on 42-17 twice.  That shuts up tons of negative hype coming our way. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, toketeeman said:

Yes. Keep in mind that LA is one of the most expensive and glitzy-est places to live in the ENTIRE world, while on the other hand the homeless multitudes there literally live under EVERY overpass in the city. 

This reality should repel many recruits.

Are there any clean underpasses in Eugene? When I moved out of there a couple years ago there were not. But, yes, still cleaner than LA.