Haywarduck

If Mario Is Uncertain

If Mario is uncertain it will only take more time to create certainty, and the trend isn't our friend for that certainty.

Sometimes fantasy and reality aren't the same, actually often it isn't. Mario spoke about how much he loved Oregon, but now he has a few years of knowing what it is like to live in Oregon and have your home in Florida. He wants to go back is what this process tells me.

One of the big allures of Mario to recruits was his integrity and stability, that is shot. He better come back with an even better sales job after this is over or it is over.

I just don't see it as from my experience trust is easily earned at first, but is a struggle to get back after losing it. I personally have lost a lot of trust in Mario going forward.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:04 PM, Haywarduck said:

One of the big allures of Mario to recruits was his integrity and stability, that is shot. He better come back with an even better sales job after this is over or it is over.

If I was a recruit and Mario does turn down Miami I would assume he's not leaving for anything less than Alabama. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 12:07 PM, deschutesduck said:

If I was a recruit and Mario does turn down Miami I would assume he's not leaving for anything less than Alabama. 

Good point, thanks for bringing that clarity to my shortsighted response! I do think my other concept is pretty spot on, we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Couldn’t agree more.

I feel like a chump right now because I bought his act hook line and sinker. Even after he did an event in PDX before his first season where my predominant thought was he throws out a bunch of buzzwords…I sure hope he can back them up. 

He has a bunch of ‘splainin and fence mending to do if he stays. 

• Thumbs Up 1

ONE red flag for me is would I want to join a bush-league organization that leaves the current HC looking like a worthless SOB?

I know almost nothing about the U, but how an organization treats their employees is high on my checklist. 

It feels like "Willie Makes It 2, Return of the Floridian".

• Thumbs Up 1

I just don't see it as from my experience trust is easily earned at first, but is a struggle to get back after losing it. I personally have lost a lot of trust in Mario going forward.

Yes, this has damaged his brand extensively. He is gone......it's just semantics now in the final number he can work out with Miami. He will have little to no credibility  left if he decides to stick with Oregon at this point. I might be wrong, but his credibility with on the field coaching was already suspect. Now his character is also in doubt.......too many strikes folks.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, nw777b said:

ONE red flag for me is would I want to join a bush-league organization that leaves the current HC looking like a worthless SOB?

Exactly. The real sad situation in this mess is how Manny Diaz is being treated and remember he too was once a lauded over Miami alumnus, similar to how Miami is describing Cristobal. Talk about a crappy way to do business eh?

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 12:11 PM, Duck82 said:

I feel like a chump right now because I bought his act hook line and sinker.

I think MC was being truthful and I think the big thing causing him uncertainty right now is actually his mom. If his mom was healthy then I don't think he would even consider Miami but his mom is sick and that can be all it takes. 

His agent is going to play the money game and play it out regardless. 

I think it is all about his mom at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, nw777b said:

I know almost nothing about the U, but how an organization treats their employees is high on my checklist. 

It feels like "Willie Makes It 2, Return of the Floridian".

Mario and Manny are one in the same.

Miami native

Cuban immigrant family

Miami legend

One thing for sure, if Mario leaves we shouldn't be hiring Manny. I'm tired of resurrecting, building coaches reputations so they can move on to where they want to be. People and organizations tend to repeat the same patterns, hopefully Oregon can just learn from this one.

If Mario is uncertain it will only take more time to create certainty, and the trend isn't our friend for that certainty.

Sometimes fantasy and reality aren't the same, actually often it isn't. Mario spoke about how much he loved Oregon, but now he has a few years of knowing what it is like to live in Oregon and have your home in Florida. He wants to go back is what this process tells me.

Leaving before signing period is better than leaving after.

How can we blame MC for wanting to go "home"? 

I bet you the only reason he hasn't already decided to leave is because of his character and a desire to do the right and best thing for him and his family.

Besides, after reading this site all season, I'm surprised anyone is disappointed if he goes!