geoquack

Regarding that other matter . . .

. . . Oklahoma in the Alamo confirmed.

Do you think the Alamo Bowl will even offer Oregon?

My bad, it seems they already did…

Edited by PittDuck

It's done per Alamo Bowl website.

Yikes, I am not really looking forward to this game. 

Hopefully we play Thompson or Butters the whole game. At least this way we get something out of it.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like I said in another thread, the interesting thing about the Alamo Bowl is that by game time we could have two teams coached by interim coaching staffs. When has that ever happened before?

• Thumbs Up 1

Does OU even have any QB's left that haven't entered the transfer portal?  Yeah, being a bit snarky but feels like a pointless bowl game where the main benefit is getting in the extra practices.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, deschutesduck said:

Does OU even have any QB's left that haven't entered the transfer portal?  Yeah, being a bit snarky but feels like a pointless bowl game where the main benefit is getting in the extra practices.

Bowl season, outside the playoff, is going straight down the toilet.  College football, for that matter, is going down the toilet.

• Thumbs Up 1

With all that has happened I have lost some interest hopefully it will come back soon.

Would fans of both teams really care enough to go to the Alamo Bowl? Looks like a bust to me.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, deschutesduck said:

Does OU even have any QB's left that haven't entered the transfer portal? 

Did Williams enter the portal? I don't think so. I think he is staying with the Sooners. It was only Rattler who left and he is said to be joining Chip Kelly at UCLA.

@C J you're right, for some reason i had been thinking he entered the portal, probably being smart and waiting to see where everything falls first coaching wise

On 12/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Would fans of both teams really care enough to go to the Alamo Bowl? Looks like a bust to me.

Did Oregon fans even show up for the Pac 12 Championship Game????

That was not a good look. I wonder how much of Mario's decision will come down to the booing at Autzen and that atrocious showing of fan support in Vegas??

Edited by C J

Looks like the fans have spoken to me.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

I have a friend who is excited about going to San Antonio, so there's at least one. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I have family that travel to games. The championship early on a Friday each year isn't appealing at all knowing there is a bowl game. They attend the bowl games. 

I sit home anxiously watching for their selfies.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:48 PM, C J said:

Did Oregon fans even show up for the Pac 12 Championship Game????

That was not a good look. I wonder how much of Mario's decision will come down to the booing at Autzen and that atrocious showing of fan support in Vegas??

Please, don't even suggest that had any bearing on his going "home" for 9 mill/per. 

The Alamo Bowl will be much like the Pac 1 CG in that Oregon's opponent will be within driving distance and have 80% of the crowd.