Duck1984

Brandon Staley Is the Coach We Need

that's awesome, thanks for sharing it

Great post Duck1984!  Wouldn’t that be a great hire🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 8:02 PM, Duck1984 said:

But Justin Herbert would miss him.

You are exactly right. Listening to Staley's locker room speeches, after each Charger win or loss, made me respect this young HC like no other. Also, it was nice to see that Herbert is finally under the right guidance that could, not only showcase his talents, but make the team a contender for the next decade.

Now, there's gotta be a similar young, smart, good-character coach out there. Mullens and the admin/boosters have their work cut out for them finding this next Staley for the Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

After reading so many posts and thinking it seems desperation is moving many toward settling for questionable characters, I would like to see Oregon pursue people like Brandon Staley with offers that would be VERY difficult to pass up.

Justin is going to be fine.

It's only money, after all...

I've posted this question before: Does Brandon Staley have a brother who coaches football?

We're FIVE YEARS too late. We could have hired him directly out of John Carroll back then if we had done our talent search more diligently . . .

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:07 PM, toketeeman said:

....if we had done our talent search more diligently . . .

BINGO @toketeeman!!!

The very reason this should not be a rushed decision.

However, it's never too late to make an offer they can't refuse. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:02 PM, Duck1984 said:

But Justin Herbert would miss him.

An understatement. As for today, after 13 NFL weeks, Justin Herbert has the #1 QBR rating in the entire NFL! End of discussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Troy Taylor at Sacramento may be that kind of guy.

Study Bill O'Brien Offense Coach at Alabama, he beat Georgia, will totally destroy Cincy and will do the same to Michigan, yep I do not think Georgia will make it to the Championship Game.   O'Brien will bring back a winning Offensive Power to Oregon, just like he did at Penn State and Alabama.  This dog can hunt.

More importantly Justin is the #3 QB in ESPN's standard Fantasy Football rankings and #5 overall.