Charles Fischer

Good Grief: No More False Reporting!

Two posts falsely reporting a coaching hire were in poor form to the good people of this forum.  It was not "polite and respectful" to this community, but there will not be strikes given to the offenders since....I did not officially have a rule covering it. (Never happened before)

A new violation, so on Friday I gotta add it to the others! Rule No. 34 will join the other 33Geez. I had to deal with three rule violators today in addition to this at 11:00 PM at night.

We have such an incredible community, yet I still have to babysit some adults?

I do not have time for this nonsense, so the hook just got shorter with people.

From the Rules of this Forum:

How can I possibly follow all these rules? It is simple; all our rules can be summarized to this: 1) be polite and respectful, 2) keep it clean, and 3) no reference of any kind to politics and you won’t have to worry about the rules at all as over 99.50% of those posting have learned, and do just fine.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Good on you Charles for recognizing and dealing with disingenuous information.

We all have thoughts and opinions, but it is dishonest to represent them as facts.

• Thumbs Up 2

I sensed the Wool was being pulled over our eyes, As we got beat by the Utes TWICE and not in such a keen way.  The last time this happened Taggart was announced as the Coach, I am a little gun shy now, to be honest.  I just hope that WHOM ever is coach, they will excite us with great play and a team we can be proud of, staff and students.  Santa, You hearing This, No Coal in the stockings this year, give us some Christmas Joy and Holiday Cheer.  Our team is going to the Alamo Bowl.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:08 PM, Duck1984 said:

We all have thoughts and opinions, but it is dishonest to represent them as facts.

Actually they were presenting it as "fun," like an April Fools joke.  Considering how tightly wound as we all are right now?

Not funny.

And thanks to a couple of moderators for bringing it to my attention.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/9/2021 at 11:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Actually they were presenting it as "fun," like an April Fools joke.  Considering how tightly wound as we all are right now?

Not funny.

And thanks to a couple of moderators for bringing it to my attention.

Ahhh.  Makes sense.

I may have missed the posts while catching up on The Blacklist with my wife while we had the house to ourselves for a couple hours.

I appreciate humor and pranks, but appreciate the effort to separate fact from comedy.

My apologies to everyone, I was one of the offenders and actually logging back in to change the title to please delete because i realized it was kinda dumb.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:56 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Two posts falsely reporting a coaching hire were in poor form to the good people of this forum.  It was not "polite and respectful" to this community, but there will not be strikes given to the offenders since....I did not officially have a rule covering it. (Never happened before)

A new violation, so on Friday I gotta add it to the others! Rule No. 34 will join the other 33Geez. I had to deal with three rule violators today in addition to this at 11:00 PM at night.

We have such an incredible community, yet I still have to babysit some adults?

I do not have time for this nonsense, so the hook just got shorter with people.

From the Rules of this Forum:

How can I possibly follow all these rules? It is simple; all our rules can be summarized to this: 1) be polite and respectful, 2) keep it clean, and 3) no reference of any kind to politics and you won’t have to worry about the rules at all as over 99.50% of those posting have learned, and do just fine.

This hire has become its own gossip column. People! Other people make money speculating on things. Names will be thrown at the wall. Maybe one will stick? But sooner rather or later 'the truth' will out and we will have someone to in reality discuss. 

Meanwhile, I thought I saw Bill Belichick in Eugene yesterday!

• Haha 3

According to sources the sources reporting are not reliable sources.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

image.png.673f297bb261aebd71cfbdccc002a6aa.png

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2021 at 5:08 AM, deschutesduck said:

My apologies to everyone,

Thank you deschutesduck...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I understand the need for rule number 34 stating that there be no false information regarding the coaching hire. I'm truly hoping that the rule isn't relevant very often, and that Oregon will be successful in hiring a coach who will decide to stay around for a while and finish what they start.

I understand the disrespect associated with posting information that a person posts knowing full well it was completely fabricated by them. There is a big gray area, however, as it applies to someone who, in good faith, posts information they got from a seemingly reliable source. We, all of us, have our perhaps unique sources of information that have been dependable for us over the long run.

That said, this is 2021 and the internet is completely out of control with regard to what is actual and accurate information and what nothing more than someone's opinion; or even worse, a diabolical attempt to report misinformation. The frustration for actual doctors, scientists, and learned people is palpable.

What I love about this site is that there is an extraordinary effort to be respectful, and that people here make an effort to honestly honor each others' opinions. I've been everywhere man, and there is nothing quite like this anywhere. I've seen wrong information posted with good intentions or an attempt at humor, but I haven't seen much in the way of purposeful attempts to steer people in the wrong direction.

My hat is off to you Mr. FishDuck, and to the moderators here. It's obvious we all love our Ducks, but it's also obvious that we also have a good measure of love for each other and the thoughts of others here. Kudos !!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:53 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Meanwhile, I thought I saw Bill Belichick in Eugene yesterday!

Big belly laugh...I think because I know I'm not supposed to laugh? LOL

When I start to get emotional,  I deflect by turning to humor. Sometimes it's a bit dark. Still working on stuff. 

I do appreciate this forum a great deal. It's even a safe place for non Duck fans as long as they aren't trolling. 

I'd love to see more non Duck fans comment to help keep things in perspective. 

Although, I think we all do that to ourselves and do it as well as expected.

Cheers to all 🍻

• Like 2

The sun will come up tomorrow--bank on it (even if it's hidden behind clouds).

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 9:57 AM, latracey said:

There is a big gray area, however, as it applies to someone who, in good faith, posts information they got from a seemingly reliable source.

It is difficult, but I try to measure sincerity and intent.  In the case of the fellow reporting that Chip is going to be hired...he provided the link to the Bruin website proclaiming it.  So he posted in good faith and thus escaped the Wrath of Charles.

Dragon Scorched Earth.jpg

Charles just found out that a writer missed his deadline...

What I love about this site is that there is an extraordinary effort to be respectful, and that people here make an effort to honestly honor each others' opinions. I've been everywhere man, and there is nothing quite like this anywhere. I've seen wrong information posted with good intentions or an attempt at humor, but I haven't seen much in the way of purposeful attempts to steer people in the wrong direction.

latracey....you have no idea how much that means to me.  So MUCH work behind the scenes to create and preserve this community, and when I read your words--it gives me comfort that my mission is on the right path.  THANK YOU.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, how about a requirement that those who post with a reference to another website(E.g. Twitter) provide a link to that?

I have noticed that some of those references don't pan out, which is disinformation in my opinion.

Ok, but...does anyone have that picture  of Neuwiesel wearing Duck gear at Autzen?

Just for jump scares and giggles.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:06 PM, ICamel said:

how about a requirement that those who post with a reference to another website(E.g. Twitter) provide a link to that?

That is a great suggestion.