Log Haulin

Strength and conditioning coach.

In the wake of how injury hamstrung (pun intended) the Ducks this year, I think whoever is is hired needs to take great care when hiring a new strength coach. If it is Lanning can he poach Scott Cochran? This dudes resume is amazing. 6 championships in all. He has worked for LSU, Bama, Georgia and the New Orleans Hornets.  He also coaches special teams. Might be a long shot but would make a significant difference in the health of our Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 3

Poach Cochran please.

Fill the sleeves became fill the walking boot. Let's hope for more science and less Rambo.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a feeling while Lanning is young, he knows a lot of coaches. The Oregon facilities and opportunity is well known in the CF world, exciting times ahead. 

It is going to be like Christmas with each announcement of coaches, recruits, transfers!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Maybe we can get Jim Radcliffe back…

On 12/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, Pocketchange said:

Maybe we can get Jim Radcliffe back…

Rad is still around,  since he works with other teams than football now, correct?

On 12/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, woundedknees said:

Rad is still around,  since he works with other teams than football now, correct?

I believe so

On 12/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, woundedknees said:

Yes, he is still at Oregon.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, Log Haulin said:

In the wake of how injury hamstrung (pun intended) the Ducks this year, I think whoever is is hired needs to take great care when hiring a new strength coach. If it is Lanning can he poach Scott Cochran? This dudes resume is amazing. 6 championships in all. He has worked for LSU, Bama, Georgia and the New Orleans Hornets.  He also coaches special teams. Might be a long shot but would make a significant difference in the health of our Ducks.

As you so correctly noted Cochran left Bama in part because at UGA he is also an assistant coach and not just the S+C coach. It was also an in-your-face move from Smart to Saban. Not sure Oregon can come close to matching Cochran's salary.

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 12/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, Jon Joseph said:

As you so correctly noted Cochran left Bama in part because at UGA he is also an assistant coach and not just the S+C coach. It was also an in-your-face move from Smart to Saban. Not sure Oregon can come close to matching Cochran's salary.

Not sure on salary but lets hope Cochran and Lanning were best buds at UGA. I have a feeling that what DL wants PK will make available. Feels like Oregon and PK are done playing and will go all in to get to the top of the mountain. 

• Thumbs Up 1