Charles Fischer

Lanning Recruiting: "Prettay, Prettay Good"

I like this article the best; good facts and some good conclusions.  "Just like Mario Cristobal, Lanning is a top-tier recruiter, but he may actually be a better Xs and Os coach if he’s paired with the right offensive coordinator."

Oregon Football: Three Reasons Dan Lanning is a Good Hire for the Ducks by Connor Muldowney of Autzen Zoo

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Recruiting ability is what excites me about this hire. His recruiting network has roots in the SEC, but also has  branches all over the country….the possibilities to recover from the mass coaching exodus seem pretty good right now.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, Charles Fischer said:

if he’s paired with the right offensive coordinator

Being as Lanning is a defensive coach I doubt he'd get too involved with an offensive coordinator. We don't fully know how much influence MC had on the offense ... But next year will be telling. Especially if we get past that 35 points per game hump. 

On 12/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, Drake said:

the possibilities to recover from the mass coaching exodus seem pretty good right now.

We need a top 20 class this year... With all the chaos a good not great class is acceptable. Fill what we need from the transfer portal and we'll be ok. 

The biggest thing right now fri Lanning is to keep the current roster intact. There is loads of youth on it and it will be hitting its peak in the next year or two... Take advantage of it by not losing it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

With Lanning’s hire, I wonder what the chances are of changing the minds of some of the recruits who’ve recently decommitted, especially the defensive players such as Jahlil Florence and Emar’rion Winston.  He contributed to moving Georgia’s defense from 14th in 2019 to second this year in fewest yards allowed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:34 PM, Lucca0923 said:

With Lanning’s hire, I wonder what the chances are of changing the minds of some of the recruits who’ve recently decommitted, especially the defensive players such as Jahlil Florence and Emar’rion Winston.  He contributed to moving Georgia’s defense from 14th in 2019 to second this year in fewest yards allowed. 

With Coach DL's track record the defensive recruits and parents should listen. This is the DC who really put Georgia's D at the top of the SEC. 

Coach, go get that OC. Use Oregons brand, it's world class facilities and Phil and Penny's amazing support to land the best OC around.

Oregon is a place that magic happens. Lightning can strike again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if he will go after Cyrus Moss. He already visited USC and he’s going to Miami today. It seems that Mario had ulterior motives when he visited him after the PAC championship game.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 1

He isnt going to have much luck recruiting until he names an O Co.