deschutesduck

Mykael Wright Opts for the NFL Draft

He will not be playing in the Alamo Bowl...

Boy this is like the Devon Williams decision; these guys are not as good as they bark on the field.  Both are not ready IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Agreed but with changes in coaches I can understand it.

Guest KingT

Bad decision for him. You will all recall how much he was targeted, almost every game. I think opposing teams noted his poor technique and knew they could pick up an easy PI. Great raw athleticism though - I hope he makes it, but fear he may not. Des in particular really gain a lot from 4 years.

Follow the leader. Perhaps that letter from former players was more spot on than we want to admit. Right now any sense of an Oregon identity appears to be hemorrhaging. The programs not dealing with this reality should consider themselves fortunate. 

On 12/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, John Charles said:

Follow the leader. Perhaps that letter from former players was more spot on than we want to admit. Right now any sense of an Oregon identity appears to be hemorrhaging. The programs not dealing with this reality should consider themselves fortunate. 

I admit it has been a long last 3 weeks but I believe we're handling it the best we can. I'm hopeful for the future.  What else can we do. Just gotta ride this one out.

• Like 1

How are defensive players leaving. With what Lanning could tech them. Make some cash with NIL and increase your draft stock and position your self a little better for success.  I get the injury argument. 

Verdell and Dye need to follow suit.....they've taken enough hits and the young guys need to play......honestly, should they stay they need to sit as the team moves on.

Wright has long been one of my favorite players. Aggressive, tackles well, always sticking his nose in there. 

Plus he is an excellent return man. 

He's been victimized by horrible Pac12 officials. 

He'll be a regular starter in the NFL

Good luck young man! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe that his aggressive playing style was toned down by Mario's DeRuyter Influence.  Avalo's D was aggressive, even when he was KR looked less impressive but both sides of the ball, seemed like playing it safe was the name of the game.  Speed up slow down of the Offense was just crazy, no team tempo.  Like get a lead, sit on lead, lose lead then Cristobal Chaos, playing not to lose.  Hated it.

I always figured this would be his final season. I think he has what it takes. Oregon DB’s have fared pretty well. He’s also a good KO return guy, so he has a lot of value.