savagefund

Noah was a Running Back in High School...

Since he is familiar with having the ball in his hands, has it ever been considered that he be used as a "Refrigerator Perry" type when you really need to punch it in from the one yard yard line?

• Thumbs Up 3

I was actually a bit shocked Cristobal never used him as a RB. Noah seemed to be the prototypical type of back Mario wanted in those situations. 

I know I saw a play where Noah played RB in the Poly Bowl and Flowe just cut him down, but that was trying to go around the edge. Noah would be a great fullback blocker or just bulldozer for the 1-2 yards gain.

Hopefully we will, again, have the qb sneak for situations like that. This was another head scratcher with the qb we have had. Why no qb sneak, but that is looking backwards, looking forward, to seeing what happens!

• Thumbs Up 2

This is obvious to me but of all sports, coaches American football coaches are highly allergic to thinking out of the box.  He would make an obvious guy to give a few carries at the goal line or short yardage.

Very good point. Discussed earlier in the season Verdell went down; perfect timing to ask the question again. In the champ game Sewell looked to be one of the few guys who didn't quit. He balled out from start to finish.

• Thumbs Up 6

One reason could be, due to injuries, that Sewell could never leave the field?

Plus, he seemed to battle some injuries near the end. 

• Thumbs Up 1

NS hardly ever came out of any game. He was hurt a few times and wasn't allowed back. He was on the field more than any other defender, that I remember seeing. Kid is a beast.

Flowe is good but his sample size is very small comparatively.  He has been hurt early into two seasons.

I would take nine Sewells over one Flowe or even KT.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32926668

I could see Noah doing what this Army back did last night against Missouri.

Posting videos and photos is not a strong point of mine. Hope it worked and my point was made.

Edited by savagefund
Wrong link put new link on top