Charles Fischer

Georgia Throws Shade at Bo Nix Coming to Oregon

This certainly adds to the bulletin board material...light a fire?

Mr. FishDuck

Georgia bulldogs Memes

tastes kinda salty 

• Haha 1

Continue being overconfident. TOSU thought the same thing.  Oops

Bulldog fan isn't so sure. Some of them are pretty confident, true. I think a lot of UGA fans are nervous about this game. They watched the Ducks go into the Shoe and man handle tosu. And that was with a guy who can't coach on Saturdays.  They are fully aware of who Dan Lanning is. Oregon is the only non-blueblood that the rest of the CFB views as a Blue Blood. This game is going to be epic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, Log Haulin said:

Bulldog fan isn't so sure. Some of them are pretty confident, true. I think a lot of UGA fans are nervous about this game.

Absolutely. As it has been discussed, the Ducks would be in great shape if they were at home playing Portland State instead of this "Neutral" game against Georgia. But, like it was against OH. ST., the Ducks have nothing to lose in this one.

Georgia could be the defending Champ. At the very least, a final 4 team. Meanwhile, I'm sure that Lanning will have the Ducks fired up to take down his former team!

• Thumbs Up 1

Who says Nix will be the QB?

• Thumbs Up 5

Georgia players, fans, and public officials (even Congressman Hank Johnson, who still believes the island of Guam may capsize) can throw all the shade they want.  It's not going to stop me from shaking my red & black pom-poms for two more boring, Stetson Bennett led, Bulldog games this year.  I'm in it to see these perennial underachievers hoist the trophy.  

After Lanning & Co. make their adjustments from the Conference Championship debacle and stop Bama on the last drive of the game to finally savor the ultimate victory, I want to see & hear the following:

1)  I want a close-up of that visor wearing ding-dong embracing our guy while Chris Fowler details Lanning's upcoming new gig as the Field General of the Oregon Ducks.

2).  I want to hear words like, "mastermind, architect, and leader" in reference to Lanning being spoken through the tiny pie-hole of the smug ex-Buckeye, Herbstreit.  

3.)  Last but not least, I want to see Molly McGrath interview Lanning about his (and o.k., the team's) defensive accomplishments and 180 degree turn-around from their last meeting with the Tide.  Just one mention of Oregon, please. 

At the conclusion of this nonsense, Lanning will be coming home a champion.

Doesn't hurt to have a National Championship winning coach in-house, does it?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

And in future recruits living rooms..

A Georgia Natty puts sideline shots of Coach Lanning on TV multiple times .......

Face and name recognition in front of millions of fans and multiple 4/5 star recruits.  That can be the difference between a top 30 or top 15 recruiting class for 2022.

Maybe a few Georgia D players, who aren't off to the NFL, miss Coach Lanning and transfer to Oregon 

The street cred for Coach Lanning goes thru the roof. Oregons defensive footprint is about to change.

Go Ducks...... Go Bulldogs........

Please put a frown on Coach Sabans face. Please.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, Jester said:

Doesn't hurt to have a National Championship winning coach in-house, does it?

Jester....with all I've been catching up with--I have not addressed how much you are adding to this community in only your second day. Please continue to share your thoughts often as I think I can represent many in the community that say, "WELCOME!"

P.S. Is your posting name from the instructor in "Top Gun?"

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Jester....with all I've been catching up with--I have not addressed how much you are adding to this community in only your second day. Please continue to share your thoughts often as I think I can represent many in the community that say, "WELCOME!"

Thanks for your comments.  It's great to be part of the OBD community.  I am enjoying the up-to-date Duck news and reading the opinions of this enthusiastic fan base.  

On 12/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

P.S. Is your posting name from the instructor in "Top Gun?"

I wish.  Unfortunately, the only thing Michael Ironside & I have in common is that we are both at least "somewhat" follicly challenged.  

Apparently, during a parent teacher conference in my early years I was dubbed the class "court jester".  The family cut it down to Jester and I often heard them saying "The Jester" when referring to me.  Well...that admission may cost me some time in therapy next week.  Honesty kicked-in with me in my early 30's and it's been a bloody nuisance.