Charles Fischer

Not Good: Freshman Jackson-Powers to Play Defensive Tackle in Alamo Bowl

The list of defensive linemen out is astounding, and sorry...you can spin the positive here about him being physical, etc.  But a freshman who has never played the position at the college level is not what you want against Oklahoma.

Oregon Will Lean on Offensive Lineman Jackson Powers-Johnson on Defense in the Alamo Bowl by Matt Prehm of Duck Territory, 247

Oregon Ducks offensive lineman Jackson Powers-Johnson runs off the field

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

But, it is what it is. Get the kid ready for 'at' Georgia next year.

Hope he shines! An opportunity to show up, solidify yourself as an all around bad a**! 

This bowl has less meaning than in years past. Kid will have a blast for sure. I like it.

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes I find it real odd at the high number of injured players on Oregon and find it a whole lot more odd of the players not around to play. Its BS and yes fans have the right to boo as they have been for quite a while and when Mario came out and said that arrogant crap he said I wanted to punch him in the mouth. Except he left to Miami so soon, LOL. Unfortunitely they are gonna get killed by Oklahoma and honestly I don't know why anybody would even want to watch it. This is all on him and his over payed staff and harder questions need to be asked by the sports media.

• Thumbs Up 1

I snowboarded today in a blizzard at 4 degrees F and gusts up to 60mph, and my $250 Smith goggles froze up on the INSIDE in already challenging visibility.  Jackson can do it, man!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm worried about guys getting hurt from having to play when they are tired because we don't have the depth or experience. 

Sadly, this is where college football is headed.  Mercenary coaches.  Players transferring left and right.  Guys preparing for the draft choosing not to play.  Guys with injuries that in the past might have been "Suck it up and play" sitting out of meaningless bowl games.  The bowl games will become even more meaningless once we have a 12-team playoff and the "big" bowl games are a matchup of #18 vs. #32.  And of course currently we add in COVID.  

It's just a huge mess.  Hopefully COVID will not influence future seasons, but the rest of the stuff is just going to get worse...

I now have the feeling that some of the refs in this match are going to suffer severe shoulder injuries from repeated pulling of yellow flags . . .

Edited by toketeeman