30Duck

Oregon's 2022 Schedule: Game by Game

Pretty realistic take, and I could see the record tipping either way a bit depending on the transfer portal, and how that oblong ball bounces as the season progresses.

I do think the transfer portal is the biggest way to impact a team in the short term. It does seem Lanning has had his eye on the talent within college football. The first step was putting the coaches he wanted on the sideline. The next step will be going after the transfers he wants to see on the field next year. 

The Lanning recipe is coming together. What that recipe will look like, taste like to the fans is just mental nourishment, and hopefully palpable soon enough!

Seems plausible to me.  However I must admit I don't get the concern over BYU I read in the article and on this forum.  I really think the BYU success against the PAC is an outlier that will not be repeated.

The article mentions BYU returning 11 defensive starters.  Does that mean how they started last year or how they finished?  The last half of the season BYU defense should not scare anyone here in my opinion.

I don't know how many defenders Georgia loses but if Oregon can throw like they did in the second half of the bowl game and shore up the defense that first game could be a tossup.

Rookie head coach, new starting QB, new coaching staff, player transfers.  

I’ll take a 10 win season, including the bowl game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/13/2022 at 2:10 PM, savagefund said:

Seems plausible to me.  However I must admit I don't get the concern over BYU I read in the article and on this forum.  I really think the BYU success against the PAC is an outlier that will not be repeated.

This!

Pretty much spot on I think. Author got the Incarnate Word QB to WAZZU spot on but failed to include Florida's leading tackler from last season coming to Utah to replace Devin Lloyd at LB. And he missed on a top DB from CU transferring to Oregon and DT Sami coming in from UW. Will Always say Dye and Verdell both return?

My guess is that Lanning et al are far from through plucking the portal? And we could see a few surprises come February signing day?

BYU? That's a toss up game IMO. I do know that playing both UGA and BYU OOC is as tough as it gets OOC across the country. At AP Final Poll No. 1 and versus No. 19 in the AP Final. I hope BYU stays Dart-less?

One thing to add, Bo Nix had his best season ever at Auburn his true frosh season playing for new Oregon OC Dillingham. Nix was having a good season in 2022, before injuring his ankle. One thing for certain, Nix is the only player on the roster, to date, to have a win over Alabama.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, Duck1984 said:

Rookie head coach, new starting QB, new coaching staff, player transfers.  

I’ll take a 10 win season, including the bowl game.

This season with the Rose Bowl a playoff semi-site the Pac-12  conference championship will most likely be a Run for the Fiesta. Anything but the Alamo Bowl.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, Jon Joseph said:

One thing for certain, Nix is the only player on the roster, to date, to have a win over Alabama.

Something he will have in common with Dan Lanning...a rare win over the Crimson Tide and Nick!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I do not see us losing to BYU, they lose a lot from this years team.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:44 PM, mrspenney said:

I do not see us losing to BYU, they lose a lot from this years team.

However, with BYU you know you are going to be playing against older, seasoned guys. Usually, much older guys.

I'm probably overly optimistic of the gains the defense is going to make , but I think the points allowed in some of these games is too high.  I think it may be hard for BYU to put up 24, Arizona/28, UCLA/20, and Utah/27.  I'm even skeptical of UGA getting 24 since they will be breaking in a new QB and the Duck defense couldn't be more prepared for that game from a coaching intel perspective.   

WSU is always a tricky team to stop so that score makes sense and OSU being a rivalry along with the fact JS is a heckuva coach so I won't be surprised if they push Oregon as well.  I'm going to guess the defense gives up under 17 ppg next year. and holds 3 teams (Stanford, Colorado and Cal) to touchdown or less.

I think the Ducks go 2-1 in the out of conference games and probably drop one game in conference because it seems to always happen, but the Ducks will win the conference.  

• Thumbs Up 1