Annie

Anthony Brown is in the Hula Bowl.

Right now on CBSSN.

He just completed a touchdown pass.

• Thanks 1

It is interesting we used to have some pretty good TE who seldom caught balls, but were successful in the NFL, Dontae Rosario is probably the best example.

Under Mario we seem to have had a whole passing game which didn't allow the talent to showcase itself, from Justin to AB, to the recent talent at WR.

I think I was the first to speculate AB may have a career in the NFL and wouldn't that be interesting! Was Mario's mantra, just get the yardage, and don't throw unless you have too? I can agree AB didn't look like an NFL talent while at Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:19 AM, Haywarduck said:

I think I was the first to speculate AB may have a career in the NFL

If Brown makes it in the NFL...I will eat one of the 30 Duck hats I have.  He cannot see the entire field, does not go through progressions and panics under pressure.  Very poor pocket presence and got sacked too often when he should not have.  I do not see it...

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, Charles Fischer said:

If Brown makes it in the NFL...I will eat one of the 30 Duck hats I have.  He cannot see the entire field, does not go through progressions and panics under pressure.  Very poor pocket presence and got sacked too often when he should not have.  I do not see it...

I am not going to make you eat that hat, but some didn't think Justin was all that good after a few years with Mario. I do think he has met his limits, but strangers things have happened.

61eb5c.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Thats a lot of fiber at one time for an older gentleman--just sayin🥴

Maybe AB could make it in the CFL, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, Annie said:

Maybe AB could make it in the CFL, though.

Not a chance

AB showed flashes of having the potential to be very good. Problem is he was what, a 6th year senior. It was time for that potential to be realized. ironically he often looked best when the game got in panic mode. It is as if he was better when the game plan and the game management (Mario's offensive philosophy) went out the window for game circumstances. Then he just relaxed and let it fly. He was better then.

I don't know what that means. Is FishDuck right that he doesn't see the field, doesn't make reads and panics in the pocket. Yes. Most of the time watching him was just more frustrating than I could stand. Then suddenly out of nowhere, he looked great. It was confusing. But I'm confused a lot these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, OhioDuck said:

I'm confused a lot these days.

With the rapid changes in college football and life....so am I!

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, OhioDuck said:

It was time for that potential to be realized.

This is why I believes Charlle's hats are safe. In the NFL, players are chosen on their potential. Now of course  McShaym didn't see it in Justin, but the Chargers did. I don't think we were confused by AB, he was completely inconsistent. Why could he make some incredible throws down the field, and so often throw wildly to the RB in the flat? After 6 years his mechanics needed Meineke.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:45 PM, Annie said:

Right now on CBSSN.

He just completed a touchdown pass.

I tuned in just in time to see AB throw an INT.

• Haha 1

He reminds me of Johnny Football, except that when you see him throw the 50/50 ball it usually ended up in the hands of our opponents.  Manziel ran until he could fling it to one of many great receivers.  AB good luck where ever you go in life.  Keep your head up high but when you finally get pulled from the game, make a life for yourself.  Thanks for what you did bring to the table, here , at Oregon.

• Like 1