ArkieDuck

Phillipina Kyei - A Talented Work in Progress

Now a very fine rebounder and basket defender. She makes free throws like Endyia - translates to very good hand eye coordination. I think this is only her 4th year playing B-ball. With the coaching and practice drills she is now getting she could become one of the best women post. It will be fun to follow her development.    

Phillipina Kyei is bringing her Canadian roots to Oregon | Sports |  dailyemerald.com

• Thumbs Up 3

And it is great to see her getting good playing time as a 6'8" freshman and against good competition.  Someone to build a team around?

6'7" and 6'8"!

Kelly Graves on Twitter: "13'3” of Duck Power!! @sedonaprince_ & Phillipina  Kyei… "

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

And going up against Nyara and Sedona in practice is just the experience she needs to help develop her into the dominant force she shows flashes of becoming.

• Thumbs Up 2

Phillipina and Sedona play with such happiness, freedom, and joy. They both appear to genuinely enjoy basketball and their teammates. The best is yet to come for them and Oregon WBB.

Franck Kepnang has similar enthusiasm with the men’s team.

• Thumbs Up 2

I heard them being referred to as our new "Tall Firs." They've yet to win a championship, but it's an honorable mention and quite fitting. Perhaps they'll fit their name someday.  I have also heard them referred to as the new "Kamikaze Kids" the way they are have been attacking and swarming on defense. No matter what they are called or what they are able to accomplish, I'll always love our "Lady Ducks."  

Phillipina is a treat to watch.  Great attitude and the upside is in the clouds.  Her free-throws at 13/18 is a percentage of 72%, better than the team average of 70.5%. Endyia is 16/17.

Whenever I see missed free throws I think of the Blazer announcer, Bill Schonely: "You've got to make your free throws!"  One of the most astute and yet obvious basketball comments.  "Rip City".