FishDuck Article

Expert NFL Betting Strategies and Tips

The worldwide popularity of football is known and accepted by all, and now football betting on the NFL is becoming the favorite. You can make some money and have lots of fun, so let’s explore NFL betting and unique strategies. The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American Football league, with 32 teams, it is one of the most ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

My take, it is only for entertainment value. If it doesn't add to the entertainment, there is no value.

This is a great take if one wants to take on betting, but as was stated about the NIL, money is the root of all evil, and it is at least a path there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this weekend:

Cincinnati at Tennessee -3.5

San Francisco at Green Bay -6

LA Rams at Tampa Bay -3

Buffalo at Kansas City -1.5

On 1/20/2022 at 7:09 AM, Haywarduck said:

My take, it is only for entertainment value. If it doesn't add to the entertainment, there is no value.

This is a great take if one wants to take on betting, but as was stated about the NIL, money is the root of all evil, and it is at least a path there.

My problem is that winning a few hundred dollars isn’t really that exciting. Betting enough to make it exciting seems like too much work….lol

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:49 AM, 30Duck said:

Well, this weekend:

Cincinnati at Tennessee -3.5

San Francisco at Green Bay -6

LA Rams at Tampa Bay -3

Buffalo at Kansas City -1.5

Wow, now you got me thinking about betting!

Green Bay at Lambeau seems like a slam dunk. Bitter cold and windy, seems like a bit of an advantage. I also like the Rams, but there is the Brady factor. My heart pulls me towards Cincinnati, but that wouldn't be a smart bet. 

I suppose I should just ask my wife which uniforms she likes. Seems like the best scientific method from what I know.

At the beginning of the year I figure out how much in total I want to bet, secure what I think is a good strategy, stick to my guns on strategy, remove emotions, and then raid my monopoly game for the seed money.  If all else fails, I always have the get out of jail card handy.

If monkeys throwing darts can beat stock investment gurus I can certainly pick NFL games.

If I am confident that whichever team I pick will lose, do I bet on both?

Edited by Duck1984

I love the weather report for Saturday's game at Green Bay; the high is expected to be 21 degrees, with a low of 5 degrees!  Yikes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you OR. 1 reason it makes more sense to bet on the NFL instead of on CFB, uniformity regarding the reporting on injuries. You know who is out and the the guys who could be in or out of a given game. You also have roster parity and roster control in the NFL that you do not see in CFB.

On the other hand and there always seems to be that other hand, no? I have found that sensible money-line bets are easier to find in CFB. I won 3 money line bets in 2021 in CFB that made the year for me. I also think the best CFB bets because their is no roster parity in CFB, are in long term bets on teams with the best rosters. I have 2022 bets down on Ohio State to win the B1G, Bama to win the SEC W, UGA to win the SEC E,  Utah to win the Pac-12 S and Clemson to win the ACC. The returns on these bets are limited but when it comes to betting football this is as close as you can come to betting with the house, the Don't Come line, when playing craps.