30Duck

It's Down to Oregon or USC for Jahlil Florence

I think Florence is an $C lean but tight. The Lanning call from the tunnel might be the flip.  Hope he comes to Eugene and if so, I hope he can play Corner. This kids  talented. Maybe IFO II. Haven't had a lock-down corner in awhile. 

The NIL could play a big part in his decision. Family, girl friends, friends and social media will also be a part of the decision. Teammates.......

Coaches? Yes the coaches will matter. Where will he get the best preparation for an NFL career. Which coaches the last 3 years put the most players in the NFL?

My view would be slanted to Oregon. Homer for sure. Personally both schools have alot to offer this young man.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, Log Haulin said:

Haven't had a lock-down corner in awhile. 

Our corners the past few years have been pretty good. The weakness has been the safeties covering the underneath routes. 

Well it's been the underneath routes that have been hurting us the most overall. The corners have been pretty reliable though and haven't been burned too often. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mykael Wright was solid, all conference. Think he lead the country in int's? Ifo was lock down, you could put him on an island. Should have been early second round. Blew his knee up. 2 surgeries. 7th round.

Losing Wright as a soph. Big blow. Ducks picked up the Colorado kid, that should Help. I think there are only 5 CB's on scholarship? Probably need 7-9.

Seems scheme left the middle open for poaching. It was exploited a ton. Felt like lb's and safeties were always out of position.

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Like 1

i loved ifo, but both Terrance mitchell and troy hill played opposite ifo and started in the nfl. just sayin’ ifo had help. 

• Like 2

Ifo played every game as a true freshman. He was a 3x all pac12 and an all American.  IMO, Ifo was one of the best CBs ever to play for the Ducks.  Obviously my favorite corner to come out of Oregon.

Would love to see Ducks get a kid with ability to secure the boundaries. An Ifo or Cliff Harris type. And yes, that was an interception on the sideline by Harris. Terrible call that led to Auburn points. 

Going to need corners that can play man from LOS and be trusted. Lanning's blitz packages are going to require it. The rusher could come from anywhere, including corner. 

These kids are going to have a blast playing for Lanning. We are going to have a blast watching them. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I believe they already have the talent. Gonzalez/Manning will be our next guys. Manning was set back by injuries in FR year. Dickerson, Davies, Bossa and Bridges are all top end.

Our problem is depth. We have a chance on 3 HS top end corners come signing day. Already have 1 in pipeline which should give us advantage over SC with Florence, 1 of 3 mentioned above. We should be ok.

Edited by Duck 1972
Missing info