30Duck

Ducks get a big Lead, then it all went Wrong

Thanks 30. Guess I bought in on them being the best. Wonder if they did too or were 2 spent by the 2nd half. Lots of their shots were to short.

It was a disappointing loss to be sure, right there with the 2 point loss to ASU and the 3 point loss to Stanford. But, the Ducks weren't going to run the table through March Madness. Colorado is good. Last night while the Buffs and Ducks were playing, No.3 Arizona was at Pauley, playing recently humbled No.7 UCLA. UCLA beat Arizona 75-59

That worked out to Oregon's benefit. Now the Ducks have to put the Colorado L behind them and beat the Beavers on Saturday in MKA, and then find a way to get their first win over the Buffs in Boulder, and after that, there's a lot of games left.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The players have to learn; deviate from what Dana says...and you lose.  After winning six...they may have got a bit full of themselves?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hero to zero ball in a hurry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Very disappointing game, to be sure. A couple of things struck me. 

1) Don't know what Altman's record is against Tad Boyle, but I think it might be a losing one. Haven't looked it up, but I don't think Altman has EVER won in Boulder, and the Buffs always seem to play the Ducks tough. 

2) When the Ducks sprinted out to that 13-0 lead, everything was falling for them including some wild 3-pointers. Frankly, I think that was too easy; they got a bit lazy after that. At best, this team is a streaky 3-point shooting team. After that initial spectacular scoring burst, there were too many possessions where they used up a lot of the shot clock running the weave 30 feet from the basket and then settled for a 3-point shot. Also have to give the Buffs credit for putting bigger defenders on Richardson and Young, and that really made some of their drives to the bucket more difficult, with a couple resulting in blocks.

3) Jabari Walker is the real deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looked like the Ducks took two months forward then one month back.

• Haha 1

Duck kryptonite = Stanford Football and Colorado Hoops

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

Hate that auto correct feature

• Haha 2

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, Steven A said:

Hate that auto correct feature

Que sera sera

• Haha 1

Bad defense in the second half of both of the recent games.  Gave up 41 points to the Huskies...gotta play defense!

Mr. FishDuck