EastBayDuckDad

Oregon Loses Another DB to the Transfer Portal

James Crepea of O-live just broke this news on Davies. Sorry to lose another player, but hopefully the DB room will be fine given the portal additions.

Forgot the trio of 4☆ incoming freshmen from Cali and Texas. 

This feels like it goes in the category of coaches telling the truth.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think CB is lining up to be a position of strength for a couple years with the incoming transfer and the recruits.  Probably doesn't see himself in the 2-deep for awhile in Eugene.  Upcoming classes I bet--hope--this staff will bring in some 5 star level DB's

Edited by JDuck

The newbies better grow up fast.

Thanks for the post. Players in the portal have until May 1 to sign with a new team and be eligible in 2022. Hopefully, Lanning and his staff can do some positive portal picking between now and May 1?

Hate to see guys leave but it does open up a scholarship for a player transferring in. There are lots of good players still available in the portal.

It can be a one sided descion either players or coaches probably a mutual one. Either way it's sad but to be expected.

Actually I'm surprised it's not happening more often with a complete staff change. These guys we all Recruited by the previous administration.

This probably is not the last exit we will see. Some of the current players may not fit into the scheme and some may not want to work that hard. That being said I have little doubt that this staff will have all the cogs in place to run this team at a high octane. Still lots of good pieces out there to choose from.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta remember that if the numbers reported are true, we had no space available for new 2022's.  The fact they are still pursuing a few of those 2022 players tells me there may be a few pending transfers on the horizon.

• Thumbs Up 1