Jon Joseph

Saint Pete's Miracle: Let's Beat UGA!

I know Al Michaels is headed to Amazon territory with Herbie.

But how about a new "Do you believe in NCAA miracles? Yes!'

St Pete, 2600 enrollment defeats Purdue 40K + enrollment and heads to the Elite 8. First time ever for a 15 seed.

And another instance that proves up why we need a real CFB tournament. Lower seeds will win games.

Hats off to the Peacocks on what ironically or coincidentally, is Peacock Day in the USA.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks for the post Jon. This is my new Cinderella story.

Ducks football, VCU basketball fan here. We played St. Peter's earlier this season and won a close game with them. You could tell this team had some potential to be very good though.

They are reminding a lot of us of our 2011 improbable final 4 run. Go Peacocks! This is what makes March so cool!

• Thumbs Up 2

The fun thing about basketball is that only 5-7 very good players are needed to make a good team, so the odds of a smaller school finding success is greater than in, say, football. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I had never heard of Saint Pete's until maybe two days ago. I watched the game against Purdue and they were electric. Fast, swarming defense, take no prisoners. Probably lose to North Carolina but I will watch for sure!

• Thumbs Up 1

Saint Pete's is why "March Madness" is my favorite event in sports, and it's not even close. From the opening weekend to the Final four it;s must see TV!

It's really a test to be the champ. You have to win 6 games in a row against other teams, that are good and want it as much as you do. Around the end of the season Blue Blood UNC was on the bubble, now they're in the elite 8, against UNC!

On 3/26/2022 at 12:30 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I had never heard of Saint Pete's until maybe two days ago. I watched the game against Purdue and they were electric. Fast, swarming defense, take no prisoners. Probably lose to North Carolina but I will watch for sure!

Lose to UNC? Not if Coach let's Joey Chitwood take the last shot! 

• Like 1