30Duck

DIllingham Wants a "Pro-Style Offense That Plays Fast"

Having gone through an offense that tended more towards sluggish? This is music to our ears!

Photo-Mar-12-2-59-48-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Kenny Dillingham doesn’t want Oregon’s offense to be described as run-heavy or pass-heavy. He wants speed, and he wants to exploit...

• Thumbs Up 1

Love this! "So that means is we want to put our athletes in the best position to win one on one situations"

For too long it has been one against the other team. It is time to get Dont'e in space, let Seven get open out of the backfield, or put our RB around the edge against a LB trying to catch him. Create matchups and see if these guys can make explosive plays, love it!

To do this it will also take the other players completing their blocks. When DAT had his explosive plays players were making blocks for him. I saw too many times, under our previous coaching, it was allowed for our playmakers to take time off if they weren't in the play. That can't happen if we are going to see explosive plays. Putting our athletes in the best position to win one on one situations is all about what the rest of the team is doing, I look forward to seeing that too!

• Thumbs Up 3

Did anyone else notice Kenny’s HUGE smile in that post play picture looking right at Ty as QB?!

For his age Dillingham sure seems to have a great grasp on what he wants to accomplish. I totally agree with the interview he gave after Saturday's practice on the use of going under center. He has a plan for it and doesn't want to give it away to the press.

He cited the obvious reasons most coaches give for choosing to put the QB under center but also stopped short of saying why and when he will utilize it. This shows that he isn't trying to appease the media or make them like him by giving away the aspects of his offense. He wants to show it on the field.

Also, I could have been reading too much into the Ty Thompson interview but it really does sound like Ty has the upper hand in this competition thus far. He speaks of how much of a help Bo has been for him. He called Bo coming to Oregon a blessing. He seems to be talking about how much of a better player Bo is pushing HIM to become. He also notes how excited Dillingham seemed when Ty told him that his offense was clicking for him.

BTW my fellow Ducks....we did cover this clear back in December at FishDuck!  (Go to Element No. 3)

Top-Photo-12-16-300x300-cropped.jpg?p=19
FISHDUCK.COM

Coach Eric Boles takes a look at what an Oregon Ducks offense could like under Coach Kenny Dillingham, if hired.

Mr. FishDuck

The 49ers O, or the Kansas City O? Regardless, this certainly sounds good.

All we are saying, is give Ty a chance. Did Ty ever have a real shot last season of playing in the Mari (no O) prevent O? [Kudos to forum members who came up with both of these references.]

Glad to hear that he and Nix are sympatico. If nothing else, if Ty is the starter vs UGA it will help to have an SEC-experienced guy on the sidelines lending Ty support.

We won't get any info from the Oregon coaches and trainers, but one wonders if Nix' ankle has totally healed?

If Ty is The Man, Ty in theory has 3 years of eligibility while Nix has 2. But if he is 'all-that' I expect Ty will depart early for the pros? 

I hope Ty gets the starting job. If he doesn't, there will be plenty of programs trying to get him into and poach him out of the portal.

• Thumbs Up 2