30Duck

Travis Dye on Transfer to USC: "It was Tough"

1235193228.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Mario Cristobal leaving Oregon for Miami isn’t the sole reason that Travis Dye transferred to USC, but the RB says it certainly...

Another Ducks Wire blah-blah article with quotes from the other day--and this nonsense about "being close to family?"  If he makes an NFL roster....how close will he be then?  So this is being close to family for ONE YEAR?

I think he lapped up NIL...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I did appreciate that he didn't utter the "Once a Duck Always a Duck" I actually cringe when I hear it. A couple of the softball players after they left with White to Texas used it in their message to the fans. Besides it ringing with insincerity, it's also factually not true. If you're a Longhorn, you aren't a Duck!

• Thumbs Up 2

“It was tough. Oregon was my first love and it always will be,”

Unknown.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:11 PM, 30Duck said:

"Once a Duck Always a Duck"

He better make the most of next year, because I do not think he will be super-welcome at former player/alumni meetings in future years.

Thanks for what you did here, Travis, but you are going to be remembered as a traitor in the end.

Going for the NIL may not

work out so well...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

If you play Dye’s quote backwards it says, “NIL, NIL, NIL.”

• Haha 2

I wish the slightly used new Trojan luck.

Guest Axel

Thumbing through one of my books that chronicles past events, I came across the following quotes:

“It was tough,” Judas Iscariot said to the reporter of the Galilee Times. “Jesus Christ was my first love and He always will be. But it was just I gave up everything I could to the Son of Man for three years straight and it was time to move on.”

Benedict Arnold, reflecting on his life, said to the London Gazette columnist, “It was tough. America was my first love and it always will be. But it was just I gave everything I could to old General Washington, the Continental Army, and the flag, and it was time to move on.”

Just before he was executed for collaborating with the Third Reich, Norway’s Vidkun Quisling said to the Oslo Daily Bugle, “It was tough. Norway was my first love and it always will be. But it was just that I had given up everything I could for the fjords, the herring, and the reindeer, and it was time to let the Nazis move in.”

If Travis Dye never makes it as a professional running back, there's still a place for him in history.

Edited by Axel

I just hope his wife doesn't read too much into what he said.

“It was tough. Oregon was my first love and it always will be,” Dye said. “But it was just I gave everything I could to that school for four years straight and it was time to move on.”

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:50 PM, Axel said:

If Travis Dye never makes it as a professional running back, there's still a place for him in history.

👏👏👏👏

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, Charles Fischer said:

👏👏👏👏

Sooner or later all of us are history, but I wish Travis Dye would have concluded his college CFB history in Eugene.

How sweet would it be for the Ducks to take down Travis' Trojans in the Pac-12 champ game?

For this to happen SC likely has to win in SLC and the Ducks will have to defeat Utah in Autzen. Both are doable.

• Thumbs Up 2