30Duck

Lanning Making Connections this Weekend

So far Lanning is demonstrating that while he is a 1st year head coach, he knows what a coach needs to do to win.

11021547.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Starting Thursday morning, high school football coaches up and down the west coast will arrive in Eugene to take in Oregon...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Lanning is looking for hidden gems that will make Oregons caching staff better. Seems he is not just recruiting players but coaches as well.

Always good to show others u care about what they think. Building relationships is what I consider to be the foundation of success in every aspect of life.

Again DL is spot on and showing a level of knowledge that belies his age

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope my posts have made it clear I am not trying to troll at all, so please understand this is just out of curiosity: Is HS coaching clinics something that was not done at Oregon in the past? 

In answer to amcdawg, yes, Oregon has done clinics before.

When I was coaching HS I attended clinics every year.  Many different clinics put on by colleges and Nike for HS coaches in the northwest.

My favorite were at the UO (Our Beloved Ducks).  I remember Rich Brooks doing a good job.  Bellotti was good also!

Please don't attack me, but I did pick up some nuggets of football wisdom from UW.  Knowledge is power! Ha!

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:41 AM, Smith72 said:

When I was coaching HS I attended clinics every year.  Many different clinics put on by colleges and Nike for HS coaches.  

My favorite were at the UO (Our Beloved Ducks).  I remember Rich Brooks doing a good job.  Bellotti was good also!

Please don't attack me, but I did pick up some nuggets of football wisdom from UW.  Knowledge is power! Ha!

A wise man can learns more from fools that fools from the wise, well done Mr. Smith. I would be careful around any nuggets I picked up from a dawg ;)!

• Haha 3

On 4/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, amcdawg said:

I hope my posts have made it clear I am not trying to troll at all, so please understand this is just out of curiosity: Is HS coaching clinics something that was not done at Oregon in the past? 

Every year.

Mr. FishDuck

Sorry about not knowing this wasn't something new. It was 1st time I noticed it.